Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Default STT Bubble Play

For some reason I am feeling like I am folding way too many hands when it gets down to the last 4/3. What type of hands should I be pushing all in with. Should I be looking to push Ax and Kx or should I stay as patient and still pick my spots? I know that this is a very broad question but I will try to keep this post going in the right direction so I me and other players can get something out of it thanks!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: STT Bubble Play

It is a very broad question and without a specific had to look at it is difficult to give a clear answer. Things to consider are stack sizes, types of hands opponents raise/push and call with, your position (ie pushing a junk hand from SB is going to be better than when you are first to act), how much time you have before the blinds go up and you're next posting the BB, whether there are antes or not.

I usually try and apply one very basic rule - push a much wider range of hands than what you would call with. The rest is all dependent on what is going on at the table.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: STT Bubble Play

Read the FAQ about ICM. Way to many factors to just give a broad range to be shoving.

Welcome to the forum.
Closed Thread