Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Default [NL100] Semibluffing the turn vs aggdonk

Villain has aggression factor of infinity over about 30 hands, and a VP$P of 40%. He bought in short, 60$, and has seen me pushing around a shortstack with 30$ in heads up before he joined the table.
3 handed, he posts out, I have the sb in between the other two players (30$ on btn, I have position on villain) and I raise to 3.50$ with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], both of them call.
Flop is
3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He checks, I check because I don't want to get c/r'd off my pair outs, which he will do since he knows this flop misses my range a lot. Shorty checks behind
Turn is the:
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain pots, I raise to 45$, shorty folds, villain pushes in his last 11$ and I call. Standard/stupid?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: [NL100] Semibluffing the turn vs aggdonk

Anyone?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:29 PM

I think and aggro donk is a bad player is not the best player the semibluff. But you probably have a lot of outs most of the time when called. I would expect you have very little fold equity but you might not need much vs his range. It is probably pretty close, if you were deeper i think it would be pretty bad vs this player.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think and aggro donk is a bad player is not the best player the semibluff. But you probably have a lot of outs most of the time when called. I would expect you have very little fold equity but you might not need much vs his range. It is probably pretty close, if you were deeper i think it would be pretty bad vs this player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, it is definitely very little fold equity. I expect him to call with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] about 20% of the time, hands better than that more often. But his range has a lot of air in it, and he only has 60bb so even if he calls I get to show down a monster bluff and stack him in the next hour, plus maybe someone else at the table. Anyone who is remotely suspicious turns into a calling station after this.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Checking the flop is ok, but not great since we're going to be called by worse here a lot, and we can 3bet a c/r since he's going to have air almost always.

On the turn, I like flatting a lot more than I like raising.