Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 05:04 AM

Default AQs- flopped nuts w/ nut flush draw

Im wondering the best line
to get the most value out of this hand, I was planning to check raise the flop but for some reason I didnt

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)
Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t800)
Hero (t800)
MP1 (t1095)
MP2 (t840)
MP3 (t610)
CO+1 (t570)
CO (t775)
Button (t790)
SB (t755)
BB (t965)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO+1 calls t15, CO calls t15, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t5, BB checks

Flop: (t75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO+1 checks, <font color="red">CO bets t50</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t50, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>

Turn: (t175) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t175) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>
Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: AQs- flopped nuts w/ nut flush draw

I bet this one out. A flop like this is likely to have hit someone. If someone has two pair you could even get all in on the flop. Checking on a scary board just seems to increase the chances that it gets checked around. If the flop hit nobody, you're not likely to get any action anyway.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:11 AM

I think with that many people in the hand I'd start building the pot on the flop. That flop hit a ton of hands, and it should be pretty easy to price them in with a small bet. Same for the turn and river.

What level is this BTW? The smaller the buyin, the more you can bet, imo.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 AM

i like to bet so i bet and build the pot now. if i check the flop it will be to check-raise a crowd of the bettor and some callers or to check-call the bettor and hopefully get somebody else to call behind. i bet this turn i dont care how the action went on the flop - if the pot is nice and juicy from the flop action ill just push. if the pot needs some more juicing ill throw in a half pot bet and try to get a guy to commit for the any-river-card push.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:22 AM

it was a 22 and I def. should have bet out owell since I didnt would you have raised on the flop?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:38 AM

bluff

depends on who bets. if the sb leads out on the flop and the bb folds i will just call and hope one or both of the two players behind me come along.

if the blinds check and i check and the 1st guy behind me bets and the 2nd guy behind me folds but one of the blinds call i will checkraise both of them another 100 or so which both will most likely call. this makes the pot prime for pushing and getting called on probably any turn card.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 AM

In order to disguise your hand, betting here is best. Furthermore, the check/call strategy will loose value if you complete your FD. Bet with confidence here. If there is any value in accumulating the most chips in this situation, it's by being aggressive (but not too aggro).
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 AM

flop: i would bet out under 1/2pot to look weak, maybe represent middle pair or a blocking bet for a cheap turn card for your draw.

turn: bet out 1/4pot. hope someone goes over the top of your weak action, and then you reraise all in.

river: if villain just called, then bet 1/4 pot again as a value bet.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:28 PM

I like betting the pot on the flop. Looks like a blocker bet and at this point 60 chips seem cheap to a donk. You get lucky and get a caller someone may now try to steal this juicy pot. Had similar play and slow played it into a boat in a large MTT. Realized I made huge risk (all my chips)just to sneak out a few more since there was virtually no chance I was going to fold regardless what the board showed.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:37 PM

In raptor style..

Bet flop check-call turn shove river holla

Or something like that.