Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Deep Stacked 3-Bet pot w/ AA 200NL Vs Reg

Villain is Anabella Maria, I've heard that she's bad from the Full Tilt Regs thread, but she seems solid to me w/ 22/19 stats, I'm not sure if maybe she's just got tilt issues or something.

I 3-bet a bit extra since we are deepstacked, which I assume is standard. When the flop comes K high I'm kind of kicking myself though. Is my line of thinking ok?

If I bet this flop, I fold out JJ/QQ which I might be able to get value from later on in the hand. If I bet this flop and get raised, I'm probably dead since we are deepstacked and it's unlikely I'm getting bluffed and AK probably plays for pot control. I'm pretty sure the turn play is pretty standard since it's a 3 flush board, I don't really want to mess around.

Thanks

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $406.85
SB: $103.90
BB: $162.70
UTG: $527.45
CO: $238.45

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $33</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $25

Flop: ($69) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($69) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $55</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $130</font>
Old 11-17-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Deep Stacked 3-Bet pot w/ AA 200NL Vs Reg

You can pretty safely bet/fold the flop imo. Your range is pretty much AK/KK/AA, so I don't see him making any moves on this board. That he gives up his setmine when he has whiffed and you can profitable valuebet him on turn or river against possible AK or QQ.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:38 AM

I'm def. not bet/folding this flop against a 22/19 who supposedly plays bad. I MIGHT bet fold against a 16/12 nit or something.

If I got raised on the flop, I would prob. just call and shove non diamond turns. There are only 9 combos of sets, 8 combos of AK, and atleast a dozen flush draws in their range and that's assuming they're never "bluffing".
Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 AM

Neilsio,

Why is his range only AA/AK/KK ? Just because he 3-bet larger than normal on button,..?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your range is pretty much AK/KK/AA

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?