Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 AM

Default PT Stats

Ive just started to use PT and have and was wondering how acceptable stats change with 5 max tables.

My current stats at 5 max tables are 35/13/1

Yes my aggression has to go up but can my preflop numbers be profitable?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Re: PT Stats

Just a guess, but I think you want to be something in the range of 24-34/20-25/2-3
Old 01-06-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Re: PT Stats

Those stats look too passive pre and postflop for you to be feasibly able to play so many hands profitably.

The generally accepted upperbound for hands at 6max is around 30, removing the UTG seat shouldn't change this that much and unless you're an expert 30 is too high anyway.

I'd say your PFR needs to come upto at least 16, and tighten up into the late 20's with your hand selection. You're also not aggressive enough postflop, that probably needs to double.

However, there is no point setting out to change your stats if you don't know why you are doing it or how to do it profitably. So, without this post sounding like a huge insult (trying to make constructive criticism), I'd recommend you read this stats thread.

Also, this starting hand chart will probably help you see where you're going wrong.

Hope this was helpful!

Cheers, Bark.