Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 03:52 AM

Default 200 6max turn/river bluff

SB seems to be a pretty straightforward postflop player, not crazy but tends to chase some draws, and definitely wises up by showdown. Also important is that I have a note on CO that says "plays his strong hands fast". I figured on the turn that SB did not want to put much money into the hand, maybe JJ or AK at this point, and that CO probably didn't have much. Once SB called the flop and the river bricked out, I was relatively confident in a river bluff. Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) converter

BB ($78.63)
UTG ($157.62)
Hero ($436.96)
CO ($43.19)
Button ($195)
SB ($542.12)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $17</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $11, CO calls $11.

Flop: ($56) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($56) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, CO folds, SB calls $35.

River: ($126) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $90</font> ...
Old 03-07-2006, 05:00 AM

Default Re: 200 6max turn/river bluff

dont think i would try this line on party poker... i doubt that many 1/2 party players will fold kk/aa here.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 AM

I wasn't trying to move him off of AA/KK. He was straightforward and pretty much anti-tricky, so I took his two checks to mean what they looked like. I was thinking he needed AA/KK/AQ to call me - and I feel like he would have put some money in on the flop or turn with those hands. After his turn call I was pretty sure he was hoping for a free showdown with a mid pair or to catch/showdown AK or something similar.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 AM

Against the right player could be a good move. I can see him folding tens, jacks, AK. However, its not a bluff against AK as you actually have the best hand. So id prefer this move if you had pockt twos for example. If you could put him on AK or ace high here, you could even make a thin value bet on the river. The way he's played this, i think his most likely holdings are JJ, TT, QQ, AK. So betting here isnt a bad option if you know he will fold TT and JJ. Checking and hoping for AK isnt bad either though.