SB: 17,415
BB: 3,435
UTG: 11,915
UTG+1: 33,498
MP1: 23,940
MP2: 6,154
CO: 25,310
Hero (BTN): 25,719

Pre-Flop: (1,300) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
5 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,800</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 3,600</font>, BB folds, Hero calls 1,800

Flop: (8,200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets 13,765 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???

Fold Preflop? Shove preflop? As played: Easy call? Easy fold?

Poker Stars, $4 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: 34,945
UTG+1: 5,870
MP1: 10,665
MP2: 24,869
CO: 25,990
BTN: 11,083
SB: 25,960
Hero (BB): 8,004

Pre-Flop: (1,800) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to 2,400</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero ???

Auto-shove, right?

Villians in both hands have been playing well--normal tags.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Couple $4/180 hands close to FT

the first one id probably call here but not be too thrilled about it. the minraise preflop is really donkish and could be a big hand but we cant rule out worse TP hands and hands that flopped OESDs that are just trying to get you to fold in a decently sized pot. i think if he flat called pf then did this you can definitely make more of an argument for folding and as played it still may be close but i again, i personally cant narrow his range to fold TP2K+OESD to the nuts +backdoor 2nd nuts...i keep counting more pair+draw combos that you beat

2nd i fold easily; no FE in a spot where he probably wont be opening too terribly wide if he hasnt been dabbling too much.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Hand 1: Id call but like he said I wouldnt be thrilled about it.

Hand 2: Id either push preflop or you could do a stop n go and just push any flop to give him a chance to fold the flop if he misses.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:44 PM

First one is very tough flop. Not a very good flop for you(Wished that J was clubs). I think the main question is did he re-raised pf hoping for donkish re-steal? And how did you play on the button on last rounds and how was your table image? If you don't make your straight you're done i think. only hands you can win against are 99,88.. or maybe AJ. But from his view your pf raise may be a steal. And actually i didn't understand the play of sb. I don't know what he thought by min-raising pf, maybe isolating the bb. It's hard to imagine his donkish thinking. Folding is too weak here,
i would call here expecting AA-TT or maybe 99.

2nd one is fold i think. He's not folding given his stack size and pot odds if you go all in. And we don't want a call here with ATo. But you can try stop n go. That's your taste.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 AM

First hand I used my entire (previously unused) time bank and called with one second left and villian had AK, lol.

Second hand I shoved, got called by JJ and hit an ace on the flop. I'm surprised two people are saying fold. I'm in the BB with only 10BBs. I know I'm getting called, but I think I'm going the have best hand here some and flipping a lot.

I finished 12th when same donk in the first hand 3bet me again when I had AK. I obviously shoved, and lost to JJ.