Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Default 25 NL: Terrible?

Villain is a 28/23/3 over 80ish hands. We've been 3-betting each other almost once per orbit (yeah, I know) and my image is pretty terrible.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $35.80
SB: $30.40
BB: $27.45
Hero (UTG): $25.15
CO: $21.35

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($14.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7

River: ($28.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $11.15 and is All-In</font>

Thoughts on the shove? And the rest of the hand?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: 25 NL: Terrible?

Preflop: UTG, Out of position, bet is ok, but fold to the re-raise!
Flop: Bet/fold might be nice, why check/call? Induce a 'bluff' on the turn from JJ/TT?
Turn: Why call? He might have made a flush, or have you dominated in another way. Fold!
River: Nice bluff, maybe your best bet of the hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Still difficult... Any high spade might call because he doesn't believe you, or just donkcalls...

I'd say fold preflop and get out of trouble with KQo OOP.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Given your bad image and the fact you have both been 3betting light, I am OK with committing with TP2K on this flop with an SPR of around 4. If your image is bad in the "bluffy" way, I would continue being aggressive here, rather than switching to call-down mode though. If you feel villain is betting most of his range on the flop after 3-betting, just check-raise all-in. Otherwise, lead the flop and see what he does.

The river shove is interesting as played, since your range should look very polarized to him, you can beat a lot of the bluff-catcher hands he might call with. On the other hand, it's hard to narrow his range down very much after just c/c two streets, so I have no idea really what your equity should be here. If I called the flop I would want to have some idea of the kinds of hands I'd expect him to bet the turn with, and which to check behind with.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM

your play seems really random and uncoordinated to me :S

I fold KQo UTG all day long (unless I have some really good reasons not to... if my image is terrible I definetly fold)
also, definetly definetly fold to the RR
Flop: bet/fold, not check/call
Turn: I think I give up by now
River; I dunno what to tell you, bluff/fold I guess, but I definetly prefer folding at every single point here except the flop where I would have bet
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm not folding KQo preflop for 12bb against a villain who is raising 23% and has been 3-betting me every orbit. KQ plays pretty well postflop with the SPRs you will get in this spot. Of course without this history you would fold to an unknown's 3-bet of your UTG raise here, but image and recent history counts for a lot here in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM

Sorry, I should've clarified further. I've shown down a lot of second best hands and in general have been running fairly poorly, betting one street and folding on the river a *lot* after my draws missed or whatever. I've also been playing fairly passively (not for any particular reason, just the way the cards had been running).
I'm interested to see other people's opinions so I'll hold on trying to justify my play until I see more. That is if it's plausibly justifiable, of course.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM

Oh well, that probably invalidates my thinking then, check-raising the flop will only get called by better hands if you've been playing quite passively so I would lead the flop for $5 and i'm still getting it in most of the time I think given the stack-pot ratios and your history. It does seem a bit marginal though, I don't love it.