Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Default How\'s this bluff?

No readson the villain. He might see me as aggressive but I doubt he was paying any attention.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.75
UTG+1: $25.13
CO: $9.18
Button: $48.24
Hero: $33.75
BB: $5.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img];
2 folds, CO raises to $1, Button calls, Hero raises to $4.1, 2 folds, Button calls.

Preflop seems pretty standard to me.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]; A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]; ($9.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $2.5, Hero raises to $8, Button calls.

I obviously didn't like the flop and was probably going to check/fold but his bet seemed so weak that I felt I could take it down right there with a raise or get him to fold his Ace/x.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($25.45, 2 players)
Hero is all-in $21.65

If I continue with this bluff (that's basically what it is now) then it's either an all in or I check/fold and give up.

Comments on my bet sizing would be appreciated. Feel free to be critical of my play if you think my line is horrible, just let it be constructive. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: How\'s this bluff?

spew. Just cbet the flop. If you check, just check call and re-eval on turn. Most of the time I just bet here though.

As played, once he calls your c/r you need to just give up cuz he's rarely folding to your turn push.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

I believe that once he calls you have to shut down here. I think a Q will fold to the c/r and I dont see him giving you credit for an 8 so I think your going to get called her alot.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:47 PM

I agree that once he calls the flop raise that the Q is usually now out of his raise. Basically, I think by the turn we can put him on j10 (double-gutted) or an ace. I really felt as though he had a small ace in this spot and that a push would look strong and get him to fold.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really felt as though he had a small ace in this spot and that a push would look strong and get him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
and you know this how? thought you said no reads. no reads means he could be a calling station and call down super light, i hope he showed you ace duece.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM

Don't like the flop. Absolutely hate the turn.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 PM

enormous spew. what do you put him on that he called the flop raise and won't call the turn? only hand that he has on that flop but then folds the turn that i can possible see is J10, and that would be really, really generous. i don't think he ever has J10 here really but that's the only hand you're beating.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt I could take it down right there with a raise or get him to fold his Ace/x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming villian is a typical donk, he'll marry himself to top pair. You're not going to get him to fold if he has Ax...

Just fire a cbet on the flop, and if you must bluff do it when you have some reads on villian. What hand is he going to call your flop c/r with that won't call your turn bet? Nothing that you can beat.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and you know this how? thought you said no reads. no reads means he could be a calling station and call down super light, i hope he showed you ace duece.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand happened to me a couple of months back and for some reason I was thinking about today and decided to dig it up and post it to see how my line was. He called and showed me A 5 and went on to win the hand and basically I am jsut posting this to confirm my spew or to see if by some miracle people like the line.
I honestly thought it would be hard for him to call with a small ace but I should have known better.