Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 PM

Default AA- How do u play yours? ;)

Ok so player seems to be running at 45/9 small sample though seems to be a bit of a calling station. What line are u taking here?? He doesn't seem like the type to bluff so I decided not to go for a C/R on the turn as didn't wanna give a cheap draw.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $45.30
Hero (SB): $69.95
BB: $50.75
UTG: $13.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls $6

Turn: ($19) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, BB calls $16

River: ($51) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Are u shuvving the river?? C/C give spades a chance to bluff? my concern is I think he has a hand like 66-KK here and he might just check it behind and i'm not folding to a shuv. Thoughts please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: AA- How do u play yours? ;)

whats villains af? would he just call there with jx or does he raise tp? a jack is the card i would least like to see on the river

i doubt villain flopped a set, he would at least raise the turn if not the flop.

I like the turn bet

if youre not folding to a shove you might as well do it yourself.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 PM

Ugh, the worst card that could possibly come on the river. If he's a calling station, I suppose you have to value shove your aces, but there's a good chance he has a J here.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Unknown af I have it removed from my hud but he seems pretty set to just call down most the time so maybe I shudn't be dismissing a J here. I really felt had he of had a hand like AJ surely his decision comes on the turn with only 25 behind shuv or fold?? So I was pretty sure he had some sort of pair or a combo draw maybe 109spades?? or A8 of spades??.... I was concerned he flopped a set or turned a set of 8's but I figure hes surely just shuvving my turn bet I more often than not have a hand here and if I dnt I'm unlikely bluffing the river anyway so no need for a slowplay.

If this is the range I have him on shud I give him the chance to bluff spades?? I just fear I lose value if he has a pair and just checks behind.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 AM

IMO you have to shove river. People generally dont bluff in such spots unless they are bluffy and agressive.
It seems if you check he will only shove hands you beat and if you shove yourself you might get looked up by hands that beat you
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you have to shove river. People generally dont bluff in such spots unless they are bluffy and agressive.
It seems if you check he will only shove hands you beat and if you shove yourself you might get looked up by hands that beat you

[/ QUOTE ]

agree