Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Default NLTRN 55: Top pair good kicker gets 3bet

55 SnG on stars. This is the first time I play him, 7th hand in the match, he has folded to my raises and I have folded to his raises so far.
PF is borderline for me, sometimes I call it sometimes I fold it. What are some other opinions on that?
To the flop: first, this is a standard c/r, right? Down to what kicker would you c/raise a ten? (eg would you c/r T4)
Plus whats your action once were getting 3bet and whats the plan for the turn? Note we only have a psb left after the 3bet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1500)
Hero (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t60</font>, Hero calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t80</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t220</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t480</font>, Hero?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: NLTRN 55: Top pair good kicker gets 3bet

Folding pre-flop should be out of the question . The decision should be to either call or to randomize by re-raising .

Otf , a check-raise is not a bad option here . You don't want any cards higher than a 10 to peel off on the turn and you don't mind to end the hand here . However , his re-raise is interesting and it's probably wise to let this one go .
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Looks like it's time to move on to the next hand. I don't think you are getting 4-bet here with hands you beat. I'm not too crazy about CR OOP this early, I think a call is probably better.

Barry
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM

This is a great hand to flat-call with oop preflop.

On the flop I [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and fold. So many hands have you beat and I can't think of too many that he would be playing this way that you are ahead of.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 PM

Cant fold preflop. W/o a read I think you need to fold but this one hurts