Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Creating purpose and intensity in life

Creating purpose and intensity in life

I visited a cemetery once and remember this sentiment “She Lived Life with Intensity” engraved on a head stone. It has an appeal to most citizens but I suspect there would be many different interpretations for its meaning.

What does it mean to ‘live life with intensity’? I suspect most would judge that money is the key to such a life. I think that money is the key to comfort, which is not a key that would fit the lock on a ‘life lived with intensity’. I suspect that wealth is often the death of ‘life lived with intensity’.

I will have to recognize at least one exception to this and that is George Soros. George Soros is both rags to riches--fantastic riches in a domain of finance that he alone began--and an individual with a highly developed intellectual life. I read a book about him and also one by him and I find him a model of one who has lived life with intensity.

I think that developing an intellectual life through a self-actualizing self-learning process is the means to a ‘life lived with intensity’. I am convinced that Soros philosopher/tycoon followed that process.

What does this cryptic message “She Lived Life with Intensity” mean to you?