Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Playing Ax against fish limpers

AX with X < 9 is usually trouble hand, but if a fish is limping all the time, do you play it? If yes, raise or limp? Raise seems better to me and that's how I would play in NL. Thoughts?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Playing Ax against fish limpers

Well, that would depend if the fish is loose or tight...
The raise is meant for isolation.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 AM

Im generally dumping offsuit Aces less than AJ in EP, and then its easy open raise, and later positions possibly adding in A10o, though with a ton of limpers raising/limping after with A10o is close.

If its folded to me I'll open in LP with A9o + , other than that I usually muck unless the blinds are super tight.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 AM

It depends an awful lot on the table as a whole and the people behind you. Are they going to cold call a lot? Are they prone to 3betting? I think that we need to consider the entire table dynamic and not just this one player.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 AM

I'll only play this if I think I have a good chance of being able to isolate the fish, in which case I'm obviously raising. There are no situations under which I would limp with this hand. Most of the time it gets mucked, the rest of the time it gets iso-raised.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM

I constantly adjust my close decisions preflop based on table activity and player ranges as a whole and as individuals in attempts to get some value later.

However as they mostly overplay Ax I generally play other hands against them for profit, like K10 and J9.

It's all a matter of how they play post flop and how you play post flop that makes the difference in what you can and can't play post flop imo.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 AM

In EP I tend to raise with AJo and better, and in MP I add ATo (mostly raising with it).
After a whole bunch of limpers, Axo becomes a very unprofitable hand, so after three or four others I'll even muck ATo.
When in LP and either tight or fishy players in the blinds, I'll open-raise any ace if it's folded to me...

But it all depends on the number of limpers and/or tightness of the blinds, and also how well everyone plays after the flop.

In general A9o and lower almost always gets mucked and ATo half the time. The rest gets played (and more likely reraised) in an unraised pot...
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Look left.

If you think raising will buy the button, go for it. If you think you will get cold called by someone, you will probably wind up lost in a multiway hand oop with A hi. Not a good plan.

Never limp.

Red Sox Rule.