Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $8.57
BB: $10
UTG: $20.96
MP: $3.90
CO: $35.42
Hero (BTN): $20.17

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 4 folds, CO calls $0.35

Flop: ($0.97) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.30</font>, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.57) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $1.60

River: ($5.57) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

This table was absolutely crazy especially CO. Guys were calling 10BB raises from this guy (which he has been doing about every hand) and bluffing into him with middle pair and whatnot and he would call them down for 500BB pots w/ TPWK. However, I believed my image was rather tight.

Preflop: I raise because everyone has been noticing each player at the table and so far I have been noted as a smart player (from the chat) and I could probably get it HU or 3way at worst with the LAG guy. Also, note how deep the stacks are. JT in position is a good hand for deep stacks no?

Flop: He C-betted and I float. The reason I float is because I think he respects me in that he has folded many hands to me even though he has been an absolute CS w/ other players. I have floated previously and taken the hand away on the turn in the past so maybe this would've been a bad time to do it because he may want to just call me down and wee WTF i have. Calling here instead of folding is probably a mistake here.

Turn: He makes another weak bet so I feel I could probably take down the pot w/ a big raise, and like I said, he has folded to me in the past. Probably another mistake here because he is not going to believe that an offsuit 3 helped me and like I said, he probably wants to look me up again. God, another bad move there.

River: I know alot of you are saying OMG!!! You have to bet here!!! I didn't because I felt he is calling me down here w/ a 6 here. So I checked behind and saved my money.

My thoughts: I felt that this line alone looks pretty bad. But considering the size of the stacks, I felt this hand was just another small pot that I could use against him to set him up for a big pot. He has been a complete maniac and I found that if anything was gained from this pot, it was the image I got that could be used to stack him later. Thoughts?

Edited to add: Folding the turn here is my best line here IMO if I could've played this differently BTW.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: NL5 What could I have done differently against this LAGtard

Umm...don't bluff maniac calling stations.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Looks to me like you let the lagtard get under your skin. The flop was total air for you. Cut your losses here and wait for a better shot.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM

See above. This hand is total spew starting with preflop.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Hmm, frustrating position. I'm not sure I want to start building a big pot here with JT on this crazy table though. You have a decent chance of getting paid off either way if you hit big. I probably just limp behind pre flop.

On the flop I would almost let him have it with the donk bet and wait for a better opportunity, you're down to so few outs, trying to take it away on the turn could get expensive (even though he's folded the turn to you before; was that in a donk bet situation like this?). No option for raising (not that you suggested it), the last thing I want is to raise now and build an even bigger pot with absolutely nothing, and next to no FE. I really don't consider this a real float either since you were the pre flop raiser which def narrows your range as opposed if you were pure floating the pre flop raiser. Your call here looks like you just aren't ready to give up on your over cards yet. I'm folding here.

If an A or K would have fallen on the turn you could def think about making that play, but like you noted, he's not going to believe you with that 3, especially since the flop wasn't a true float IMO. I'm folding here again.

I'm checking all day on the river, no way I'm giving more money away here. Your line is not very believable and this tool will probably look you up with A6 or some crap.