Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 01:40 AM

Default QQ at the 1/2 NL: two buy-ins deep, very tricky min riase on turn OOP

I was playing 17/14/3.2 at this table and had only shown down one hand where I stacked a guy w/ AA vs AKs AIPF.
Villian is an 18/13/3 through 244 hands, no real history with him.

Stack sizes:
Hero(SB): $455
Villian(button): $$446

PokerStars, 1/2 NL, 6 max, 5 handed.

Preflop:
2 folds, villian raises to $8, hero re-raises to $22 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 1 fold, villian calls.

Flop($46): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $30, villian calls.

Turn($106): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $75, villian min-raises to $150, hero...

Really tough spot here this deep with still $328 left behind me after I bet the $75 on the turn. What's your river line? What range can I put villian on after his min-raise? Is this a set or did he play AA/KK very tricky?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: QQ at the 1/2 NL: two buy-ins deep, very tricky min riase on turn OOP

He's telling you that you are beat. I tend to believe him.

Something bugs me about your line with QQ this deep but I'm too lazy to figure it out right now.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: QQ at the 1/2 NL: two buy-ins deep, very tricky min riase on turn OOP

Without a read other than he's 18/13 it's a fold. He has you drawing to two outs, or he's bluffing - and 18/13 types don't usually call 3-bets and float flops planning to bluff later streets 200BB deep, especially not against a guy who himself also has nitty numbers.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: QQ at the 1/2 NL: two buy-ins deep, very tricky min riase on turn

you should be making it more preflop, especially this deep. this was well played postflop if you folded to his turn raise. i agree with dire's analysis of 18/13's typical deep 3 bet pot playing style.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: QQ at the 1/2 NL: two buy-ins deep, very tricky min riase on turn

ur 3-bet's pretty small. was this by design? I would check the turn. don't see that much value besides JJ and 56 which is unlikely. c/c turn, maybe c/f, not quite sure then depends what the river is but I can see c/f or b/f. I don't really like c/c two streets. 244 hands is a decent amount so u should at least have some idea of how he's playing. readless i c/c turn, b/f river.

as played i hate folding to min raises but i probably let it go here.