Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Very first hand of a super satallite

29 started, top 3 get a seat

Full Tilt Poker Game #4008383554: Super Sat to FTOPS Event #7 (30400061), Table 4 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:26:00 ET - 2007/10/29
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Elon_Poker23 [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
TONYNGEORGIA folds
Hunter84 folds
Elon_Poker23 calls 30
jwbrown007 folds
BBCOACH44 folds
SmallFaeces calls 15
SqueezeSqueeze checks
*** FLOP *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SmallFaeces checks
SqueezeSqueeze bets 90
Elon_Poker23 raises to 300
SmallFaeces folds
SqueezeSqueeze raises to 510
Elon_Poker23 has 15 seconds left to act
Elon_Poker23 calls 210
*** TURN *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SqueezeSqueeze bets 960, and is all in

Action?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Very first hand of a super satallite

well, what card did you want to come on the turn?
You got there, now being scared of 88, AT, A8 or maybe TT is kinda shizophrenic - you hit and are now thinking about what to do when someone offers you his stack. If you don't want to get it in once you hit one of your big draws I don't know why you played it.

I fold this pf, but as played I call.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Fold pf, or at least put in some sort of a raise. As played, you made your hand right? And as jurass said you are only behind to 88 TT A10 and A8.
so
Call.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 PM

Looking back I almost never call here. I think I was thinking about other things and saw an attractive hand. Idk, no excuses. But once I call I was just wondering. I just wasn't sure what to put him on that he would make that play with. On one hand, he probably won't push there with a boat, on the other what is he reraising with on the flop that doesn't have me beat?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I was thinking he probably won't push there with a boat, on the other what is he reraising with on the flop that doesn't have me beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop you are never ahead, I would put him on a hand like AJ-AK and that ace on the turn just made him forget about the flush on board.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 AM

Well wouldn't he raise preflop with a hand like AK or AQ, maybe even AJ? 95% of players raise with those 2 hands here in a 3 way pot I would think.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On one hand, he probably won't push there with a boat, on the other what is he reraising with on the flop that doesn't have me beat?

[/ QUOTE ]A strong ace I think. It's a limped 3-way pot, his play doesn't make sense at all. Heavy action on the flop mostly indicates 2pair, a set or an overpair (or donks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). But why doesn't he get it all in on the flop and instead raises you by an absolute weird amount, giving you the right odds to call with a FD (4-1)?!

The problem on the very first hand is, you have no reads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] so it is hard to tell if BB is a donkey and jeopardizing all his chips with TPGK. I'd still call, you made your hand, getting 2-1 odds. If you are beat, you still have 1 out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: I don't find a fold here horribly, this might be a real good laydown and you still have 30bb left if you let it go.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Fold pre-flop.

I'd probably fold to the pot bet on the flop or call because i don't think you have the fold-equity for a semi-bluff. As played call the min-raise.

On the turn insta-call. You played to hit the flush and you did. A lot of fish i have seen go all-in with a non-flush hand for no real reason (worse hand fold/better hand call). I'd say this guy was a fish as the min-raise on the flop was pointless.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 AM

I raise this preflop.

Flop and turn is good imo.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:13 PM

CALLLLLLLLLLL