Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 03:14 PM

Default Todd Brunson busting on Ivey

In the latest episode of "The Circuit", there is a roundtable discussion with Todd Brunson, Mike Matusow, Gavin Smith, and Scott Huff.

They begin to talk about the Beal vs Ivey match and Todd jokes about being afraid Ivey taking their money to the craps table.

Later in the episode someone comments that Ivey is the "best player in the world and the luckiest player in the world" and Brunson says "I think that is half true", making it pretty obvious about his feelings on the matter.

Is this just resentment that is common between successful pros or is there legitimate beef?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Todd Brunson busting on Ivey

On a side note, Scott Huff spends too much time talking about Ivey. He has Gavin Smith and Mike Sexton both on the mic, and he is asking Gavin how long Phil Ivey would have to be awake before he wouldn't be a favorite against him (Scott).
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM

I think it would be pretty obvious to anyone that isn't mentally retarded that Brunson constantly ribs people he knows well in somewhat subtle ways when he's not being serious at all.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 03-05-2006, 04:25 PM

Todd was calling his Dad about this?

I hope I'm the mentally retarded one for thinking you might actually NOT be sarcastic about this theory.

In the original post, yes clearly the OP is missing some not-so-subtle aspects of the interview and is reading WAY too much into it.

Perhaps if I were able to get to such a level that I would be interviewed I'll just start talking about the time that Mason and I thought it would be fun to go to outer-space and try to play cards to see if anyone believe me.
I'll continue that with the whole weightless thing going on we weren't sure how easy or difficult it would be so we bribed a security guy on the launch-pad $20 to let us 'borrow' a space-shuttle for a few hours to find out.

I very much look forward to the 'Microbob vs. Mason in outer-space' threads asking who won.
Just to let you know ahead of time...the correct answer is obviously: Mason....and it wasn't even close.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:33 PM

I realize the "not-so-subtle" aspects and was very aware of them at the time. However, this is a rumors and gossip forum, and what I posted is exactly gossip.

I am not saying Todd wants to see Ivey broke and begging on the streets, I am just saying there might be "not-so-subtle_ beef there and I would like to know the "gossip" on it.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 PM

Unnecessary slam.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unnecessary slam.

[/ QUOTE ]all slams are necessary
Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 PM

his father is doyle brunson. dont you have to expect him to be a POS?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the latest episode of "The Circuit", there is a roundtable discussion with Todd Brunson, Mike Matusow, Gavin Smith, and Scott Huff.

Later in the episode someone comments that Ivey is the "best player in the world and the luckiest player in the world" and Brunson says "I think that is half true", making it pretty obvious about his feelings on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was matusow making comments about phil ivey being lucky as always. I interpreted Brunson's comment about 'half of it being true' as he is the best player in the world, and not the luckiest. maybe i am mistaken.