Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Largest successful player-to-player transfer

I heard there have been lots of scams involving player-to-player transfers, and wondered what was the largest amount you had transferred successfully on which sites ?

So far I've had 800 dollars transferred on Everest poker, and although I had to play a few hands everything went fine.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Largest successful player-to-player transfer

The largest transfer I know of is when Aba transferred 200k to Erik Sagstorm. They were talking about it in the chat and Erik was short online and was sending Aba a bank wire. Ivey vouched for Erik and said that he would pay it if Erik died, lol
Old 10-24-2007, 09:56 PM

Lol 200k didn't the poker site have a problem with that ? What about normal sized transfers I'm wondering how much I can send without the sites refusing it.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 PM

I think every site will 'accept' transfers, but most will request ID and/or phone verification and usually some sort of ID verification over the phone or something.

I know this is specific with Stars..they usually request a phone call for anything over $2500 (They did for my last $2500 transfer anyway)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:11 PM

I was thinking of getting a friend to send me 2k on stars, do you think they will bother asking for ID and a phone call ?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think every site will 'accept' transfers, but most will request ID and/or phone verification and usually some sort of ID verification over the phone or something.

I know this is specific with Stars..they usually request a phone call for anything over $2500 (They did for my last $2500 transfer anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a 10K transfer at stars without any problems. Also did multiple 5Ks no problems. They did email me and asked why I wanted to transfer this unusual amount. Once I replied back and ok'd it, it went without any problems. Didn't have to send IDs or anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 PM

no limit at FTP, 10k max at stars but if its a xfer to a person you havent done before and more than 1k or so they may want an email confirm and/or a phone call. I have done 50k at stars in 10k increments and more than that at ftp.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 PM

Meh, it was odd too. I did two 5k transfers in around June or July too, then made a $2,500 one in mid September and had to get a call from them to make sure it was me and to allow it and blah blah.

I told them it was quite odd as I had a previous large transfer history and they said "We understand, just double checking" or something to that effect.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 PM

Screw you you P.O.S. scammer. Why don't you pay back that $300 you STOLE from people at Neverbeg? You worthless scumbag.

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, it was odd too. I did two 5k transfers in around June or July too, then made a $2,500 one in mid September and had to get a call from them to make sure it was me and to allow it and blah blah.

I told them it was quite odd as I had a previous large transfer history and they said "We understand, just double checking" or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 PM

Any problem with my friend saying he owes me money and wanted to use poker stars to transfer it ?

2k doesn't seem much; surprised they would want to speak to someone on the phone about it.