Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 PM

Default LLHE winrate question

Is it possible to beat the rake in $2/$4 and $3/$6 Limit Hold'em? What is a realistic win rate for these games? I know the rake matters because the limits are so low but I don't know how to break it down mathematically exactly. A lot of people say - pros even - stay away from the low limit tables (I am talking about live play). How high a win rate do you need to win at low limit hold'em?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: LLHE winrate question

1BB/hr.

Actual YTD results: 2/4 75 hrs. +812, 3/6 234 hrs. +179. Net of all tips, etc. LOTS of variance. Keep a spreadsheet.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1BB/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean I should average $4 per hour in 2/4 and $6 per hour in 3/6? Does that beat the rake? Is that what you mean?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 PM

thats after rake and tips. I only tip $1 per win unless its a HUGE pot.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 AM

I have over 6000 hours at 2/4 from when I started playing years ago to now when I sit down waiting for a 10/20 seat to become available AND THEY ARE BEATABLE!!!! I make a consistent $4.17/Hour, but the rake is huge at this level (apparozimately 14% vs. 2% at 10/20). Now you won't get rich playing 2/4 but it's a great starting place to learn to deal with the variance and negative swings. I recently spent a week in Vegas playing 10/20 at the Mirage and 2/4 and 3/6 at my hotel before going to bed, and believe me terrible players are everywhere. Get a good program like StatKing or just an excell spreadsheet and KEEP RECORDS. I found I was earning TWICE as much on the weekends than during week because of the casual gamblers. Also a good simulations program is nice to check the effect of the rake on the type of game you find yourself in. Most importantly though, if the texture of the game changes from no foldem something resembling actual poker (it does happen at the lower limits) pack up and find a better game. I often find myself surrounded in the 4/8 games with 10/20 players waiting for tables. When this happens I'm better off sitting in 2/4, which I do.