Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Default MICRO 5nl TJs, Hit top 2 but face re re raise AI

Okay, my first hand ive ever posted on here so hope its okay. Havent played with him for long but he has been very aggressive raising more or less every pot and not afraid to be calling all ins for straight/flush draws.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $9.83
Hero (BB): $11.37
BTN: $18.87

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $0.17</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.05</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.20 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $6.70

Turn: ($22.76) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($22.76) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $22.76 Pot ($1 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Tens) and WON $21.76 (+$10.39 NET)
BTN showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$11.37 NET)

I am only posting this as I got a lot of abuse in the chat box saying things like omfg worst call ever, you should have put me on a least a set etc.. So I just wanted to know how I played this hand. I want honest advice as I want to hopefully improve me game and someone told me in the beginners forum to post hands you weere unsure of.

So correct play or not?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: MICRO 5nl TJs, Hit top 2 but face re re raise AI

You played fine. I think pf it's close (you might consider 3betting here) but you're definitely getting it all in on the flop. The guy is an idiot for thinking you should fold top 2 against an aggro opponent.

Also, don't post results and the chat stuff until a few people have responded to your post.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: MICRO 5nl TJs, Hit top 2 but face re re raise AI

dont post results

im pretty sure im playing it the same way though, its an overpair nearly always (and im not just saying that cause of the results, most hands that take this line are overpairs)