Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM

Default 10nl 2 barrel

A few hands ago this guy called my cbet and insta folded to my turn bet, so i decided to fire 2 barrels here bc i figured he was calling with a lot of trash on the flop.

how does this look, and do i have to call his turn shove

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $8.80
Hero (UTG): $22.85
MP: $10.05
CO: $11.40
BTN: $4.45
SB: $2.35

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $1.70
Old 10-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 10nl 2 barrel

im learning very quickly not to fire 2nd barrels at nl10. The problem here is you are out of position. if hes chases and wont fold a flush draw youre screwed, and if he has a made hand youre also screwed. I think a much better line is just to check/fold the turn

also, calling the push on the turn is lighting money on fire
Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Any stats on villain? If he floats A LOT, then 2xbarrell is fine. But try to assign him a range that he would float with, and then decide whether to 2xbarrell depenbding on the board. However, I would fold to his turn shove -- what do you beat besides something like A3h?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM

Not a good turn card to try this on. If you have him on a draw of some sort T9, JT, J9, etc. this card hits them all in some way. I just check-fold.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM

yeah your oop and this is a terrible board to 2 barrel on agianst some folks I might not even c-bet here. I dont get the turn you prob are only have 4 outs if you are commited to calling a turn push after your turn bet you should just put villan AI on the turn (not that this is a great spot to do that but in general)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Like the above poster stated, if you're going to bet the turn you might as well put him all in as you are committing yourself to the hand. Against short stacks I'm real cautious about firing another barrel with air because its so easy for them to commit with any pair, your fold equity is always pretty low and you end up having to call in a really [censored] spot.