Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Default 2-4 Online - BB with TT

Hi - Online 2/4. Online I do not have many reads. I mostly play live.

Question - raise out of the BB after 1 limper. I clearly think that this is best with TT?

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

I do not believe he hit a Queen and I think my TT are good enough to 3-bet.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

I checked here just in case he did have me beat and take a chance to give a free card. Sklansky says in part that giving a free card only really hurts if he would have folded to your bet and then he wins with the free card.

One of my mantra's is 'never give a free card', but here I did. If he bet I might have to fold, if he raised me then I would fold.

River: (5.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: 2-4 Online - BB with TT

this is pretty gross

if you dont think he has a Q why arent you betting the turn? there is a draw out there, get value from it.

as played i guess i call the river as your line makes no sense and i could easily see a bluff from CO here.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is pretty gross

if you dont think he has a Q why arent you betting the turn? there is a draw out there, get value from it.

as played i guess i call the river as your line makes no sense and i could easily see a bluff from CO here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kit.

Well, I never claimed to be a good. Work in progress. If I 3-bet the flop then I need to bet the turn and fold to a raise?

BTW - live he is most likely to have a Q or a flush draw so I would fold it for a small pot. I have seen more players bluff online than live. So, I am trying to adjust to bluffers. So, I took a wa/wb even though there was a flush draw. My intent was to bet a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is pretty gross

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kit.

Well, I never claimed to be a good. Work in progress. If I 3-bet the flop then I need to bet the turn and fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea if you get raised on the turn after that its an easy fold.

fwiw i prob wouldnt 3 bet the flop (try stoviing villains range vs your hand here). i prob call and the b/f blank turn or c/c turn and riv
Old 10-23-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks Kit - BTW, he won with CO has 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, fours and twos). . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 12:39 PM

This makes me feel...silly. Your line is bizarre.

Preflop good, I hate the threetown on the flop. If you suspect he doesn't have a Queen I would just call the flop raise and donk a safe turn. I think you can then safely fold to another raise if you feel it necessary. This is the line I would have taken, except I would probably call down. I think I would likely check a blank river it as his most likely loser is a missed draw.

Do you see how this strange line gets you valuebluffed a lot at the river? With lines like this you're going to put yourself in tougher spots. As played you have to lead the turn. He probably would have folded there, and even if he didn't you may have been able to find a river fold because of how well you defined your hand. A raise from villain there given how dry the board is would have been ample to tell you that you're wicked screwed.

One more time: what he had means nothing. You had him crushed. He is supposed to win like 20% of the time anyway.

Results oriented= bad
Old 10-23-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW - live he is most likely to have a Q or a flush draw so I would fold it for a small pot. I have seen more players bluff online than live. So, I am trying to adjust to bluffers. So, I took a wa/wb even though there was a flush draw. My intent was to bet a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of this is true. although, your line is no longer wa/wb when you 3 bet the flop.

i would never fold TT in the spot online either unless i got raised on a big street.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes me feel...silly. Your line is bizarre.

Preflop good, I hate the threetown on the flop. If you suspect he doesn't have a Queen I would just call the flop raise and donk a safe turn. I think you can then safely fold to another raise if you feel it necessary. This is the line I would have taken, except I would probably call down. I think I would likely check a blank river it as his most likely loser is a missed draw.

Do you see how this strange line gets you valuebluffed a lot at the river? With lines like this you're going to put yourself in tougher spots. As played you have to lead the turn. He probably would have folded there, and even if he didn't you may have been able to find a river fold because of how well you defined your hand. A raise from villain there given how dry the board is would have been ample to tell you that you're wicked screwed.

One more time: what he had means nothing. You had him crushed. He is supposed to win like 20% of the time anyway.

Results oriented= bad

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Results oriented= bad </font> agree, not important: I listed his results fwiw.

18.8% but 20% is close for government work - thanks

I played the hand poorly and I appreciate the feed back.

Better line is to call his raise (since I do not think he has a Q since he would most likely raise 1stN with a Q?) and lead the turn if there is no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Fold if raised.

If there is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then check and fold to a bet?

Does this sound correct?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 PM

I would donk/fold any card on the turn. Except for a T, of course.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would donk/fold any card on the turn. Except for a T, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, call raise, donk the turn and fold for a raise. Got it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks