UTG+1: t6740
MP1: t1980
MP2: t2780
MP3: t5862
CO: t3266
Button: t2690
SB: t2595
Hero: t1190

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t150)</font>, 2 folds, CO calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t250)</font>, Button folds, SB calls t50 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t350)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t400, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ??</font>

So, two questions here. First is preflop. Should I just be jamming here to pick up those limps? 3 limpers is a significant increase to my short stack here.

Second, obviously, is after the flop. While it's possible that somebody limped with AXss, I'm short stacked enough that I don't think I can really be afraid of that, my chips need to go in and I just need to figure the best line to get somebody else's chips in with mine. Advice?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Flopped flush in limped pot, best line

No point in pushing pre here,you get to see free flop w a good hand.

Now that you hit big,whatever you do,bet out!! A little less than 2/3 of the pot is good,as that set you up for a reasonable ai bet on the turn.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 AM

I think i lead out since lots of guys with pairs/draws/combo draws will call or raise plus there are plenty of bad turn cards for you.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Ok, so I did lead out, 1/2 pot sized bet, and got one caller. Turn is an offsuit queen. I've got a little more than a pot-sized bet left (t890, pot was t800). In retrospect, I should have made it just a little more on the flop, as suggested above, so I could make a smaller turn bet relative to the pot, but as played, shove here, or check it and call/shove to opponent's bet?

Bond, you mentioned bad turn cards. I want to make sure I'm thinking about this right. Bad turn cards would be additional spades other than the 8, or anything that pairs the board, yes? With the As being suboptimal, but not horrible (since it means villain wasn't calling with it in hand).