Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Default TPMK with some reads

MP2 is LP

MP3 is TAG - does stupid c-bets and 2-barrels

SB is a super loose callingstation for most of the time, but sometimes spews chips around like a maniac.

c/r the flop? As played - call the turn?

Limit Hold'em, $1/$2

CO ($104.20)
Button ($28.50)
SB ($26.60)
BB ($51.90) (Hero)
MP2 ($83.82)
MP3 ($72)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls,

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 4BB )
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls,

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 6BB )
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: TPMK with some reads

Turn is a pretty simple fold IMO given you could be easily be in third or fourth place here. I think this is an OK spot to CR the flop. Your hand is good a lot of the time, plus there is value in making MP2 fold a bunch of hands and it doesn't sound like MP3 is going to be finding a fold with something like JJ anywhere.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: TPMK with some reads

I prefer CR on the flop. We must have lots of equity here vs our opps ranges. MP3 range is very wide since he might have tried to iso-raise MP2. I wonder if we can even 3-bet pf for value?

On the turn we are getting 4.5:1. To be able to continue we need to be good here some percentage of the time. Do you think MP3 will bet the turn with a PP? 3 players calling this flop smells trouble.
I'm not really sure how to interpret ur reads on SB. Can he make this play with Q9, 57 etc.?

I'm leaning towards a fold. If SB IS a calling station a fold is pretty clear.