Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Suckout central

Normally I'm not one to let suckouts get to me up until recently. I'm on a run of getting knocked out of over 3/4 of my tourneys in the last 3 days on suckouts. Guys all in on flush draws, straight draws, middle pair hitting trips. Rather than the psychological side, is there a way to try and slow this process down? Small pot poker maybe? Any other ideas?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Suckout central

Getting sucked out on all the time implies that you're getting your chips in ahead all the time. If this is the case, you should be glad!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Suckout central

The only real concern you should have is whether your bets and raises are designed to deny the appropriate odds to your opponents. If not, then you're not getting sucked out on at all. Otherwise, why would you want to change anything? If you have the best of it, you should be happy you're getting their entire stacks in when they're behind.

One consideration for tourney play might be that sometimes it's better not to call someone's all-in raise even if you do have the best of it, since it's one shot and you're out. But that would apply more to pre-flop decisions when it's unclear how far ahead you probably are.