Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Aces v A rundowns and connected pairs

After folding to AJ98 to a reraise preflop i had a look at the figures versus AAxx and found somewhat surprising numbers...

Firstly i ran AA23 no suits v AJ98ds = 58% v 42%

If AA23 is ds in other suits its still 60/40

Then i ran 9987ds v AA23 and came up with roughly same numbers; again for suited aces if flush cards are different... If one of your flush draws is dominated by the ace flush draw it still 62/38; if both its still 35%

My question i guess; assuming there is at least one pot size bet left does it become equitable to play these hands against obv AA?

Now issues occur where you only pick up a flush drw; and of course in many other situations where you cannot be sure your drawing live (eg j10x flop, or perhaps k84 flushing to your 98 or 97)

I imagine that its best to fold these hand preflop in pos when there is only one pot bet left; how does this affect matters when say there is an SPR of 1.5 or 2 or 3

(this harks back to chris post in the SPR thread about 3 or 4 being difficult for aces, but preferable for a rundown)

Also when OUT of position does one prefer one pot size bet so they can move in on a favourable flop or an spr that is bigger?

food for thoughts; pm me for your free deluxe hamper!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Aces v A rundowns and connected pairs

I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but I would just like to say that I would almost never fold AJ89 ds in position. How can you?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM

I will play any 4 against an obvious AA if I have enough of a stack left behind. Also, I want more than a pot sized bet in my stack for the flop. If all I have is a PSB they can call with tons of draws. If I have more than one PSB they are only going to see one card while getts 2-1.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but I would just like to say that I would almost never fold AJ89 ds in position. How can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ98ds is definitely worth a call in position, especially against marked AAXX.

The big problem is that you don't know if he has AA43 rainbow or AAQTds which would greatly devalue your hand (less straight possibilities and one of your flushes may not be good).