Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Default 25NL: BTN junk steal attempt.

SB is taggish and BB is loose-aggressive. bringing up my steal attempts and taking a chapter from Dan Bitels' taking stelaing the blinds to the next level as well as Pokey's infamous Pooh-Bah Redux: Blind Stealing i'm making the steal with 53s.

incidentally my blind stealing at 25NL is 32.52 w/4700 hands and is at 32.68 at 10NL w/10,200 hands. according to PT blind steal filters i win 73.37% of the time and avg .35BB/hand.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $27.40
UTG: $25
UTG+1: $24.15
UTG+2: $25.95
MP1: $6.05
MP2: $27.50
CO: $9.90
Hero (BTN): $24.65
SB: $31.30

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
6 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks
<font color="blue">normally i cbet here. but with the reads on the blinds i opt to take a free card here to help me out, like a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] perhaps? do you lob a cbet in there and risk a reraise or allow the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to fall and fold quietly and look for another spot? </font>

Turn: ($2.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2
<font color="blue">with $6.55 in the middle and closing the action i take the call here. i feel the implied odds are good. </font>

River: ($8.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8.55</font>, 2 folds

missed.

are my thoughts and play good here? does anyone advocate not going for the steal here?

EN
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 25NL: BTN junk steal attempt.

personally, i like to steal the blinds at any given opportunity, though its tough to steal off a laggy BB and often not worth the effort

TAGs r easy to steal from, but its not a good flop for cbetting a TAG SB either because its a flop he's likely to have hit. a tag is probably going to 3bet PPs and AT+, but with K9 - KQ, QT, QJ or SC he may well just smooth call.

i think you played it fine, tho i would have made it $1 to go PF, harder for BB to call.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it fine, tho i would have made it $1 to go PF, harder for BB to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. though i rarely if ever vary my preflop bet sizing. sometimes in EP i'll go 3xBB especially with small pp's. other than that i'm a 3.5xBB man. leak? NL:TaP 'sez bet sizing is in. i just don't like it.

EN
Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 PM

i dont vary mine either... im a 4X man from UTG all the way to BTN. some folk like to raise less up front and more at the back, and vice versa, there was a thread recently in which this was discussed in detail.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM

i was once a 4xBB man as well. then i found there wasn't much difference between that and 3.5x as far as callers and folders go. so i dropped to 3.5x for the economic gain?

sizing my reraises seems to give me a problem though.

EN
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM

I love stealing the blinds, but I'm not particularly happy to try when I've got a LAG in the BB. I think players like this love to see flops, and actually play much better OOP (if they're good).

If I'm raising the button with jank and get called, I'm betting the flop most of (if not all of) the time, if it's checked to me. The turn logic is wrong, IMO. If the backdoor flush comes through, you might get a bet out of the SB, but there's a chance that someone betting into you on the river has a better flush. If river is a diamond, what's your plan if you get check-raised?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If river is a diamond, what's your plan if you get check-raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

why call natcherly!

if i'm looking to hit the flush i'm going with it. trips and two pair as well. if i'm beat, i'm beat. reload, rinse, repeat.

i've stacked others more times than i've been stacked. if i'm c/r'd it could be two pair or the set too. maybe they don't give me credit for 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s going runnah-runnah.

EN