Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Any experienced sucessful day traders?

Hi,
Any sucessful day traders out there? Poker is a lot like trading. There are a lot of similar disciplines involved to suceed in either one. For instance, in poker you need a money management system, invest in positions where you have positive expected value, and the ability to adapt to varying conditions (e.g. table dynamics which is like market conditions). Anyway, I am top online no-limit cash game player who is learning about trading. I have been playing high stakes for over 4 years across many of the big poker sites online. My name on poker stars is DuyTheMaster. I am looking for an experienced sucessful trader who is interested in providing mentoring services. I can provide compensation in terms of poker knowledge and advice, etc. If anyone interested, drop a line or a message.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Any experienced successful day traders?

I'd be very careful. While I did know some successful day-traders years ago most have exited the field. The vast majority of the people who now claim to be successful day-traders are dreamers. I'd make sure to ask for at least 3-5 years worth of documentation before I wasted my time learning from someone.

I also expect you'll get quite a few offers for partnerships where these dreamers will offer to manage YOUR money for you. Don't give anyone any money.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Any experienced successful day traders?

Read this thread below,that has been a hot topic of debate of late:

Difference Between Poker and the Stock Market

I will gladly answer any questions you might have regarding daytrading,that I havnt posted about already

Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Henry17 ^^^ is pretty much spot on!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Any experienced sucessful day traders?

yea whatever u do dont set up a join account and give any of these guys control of your money.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

No sucessful ones.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Poker is not like trading. There's a million resources out there for trading. No ones going to show you any secret ideas or systems that will make you money. No one can teach you this [censored]. You just have to 'get it'.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:21 AM

While there are successful "day traders" out there, they don't look like what you think. It probably isn't worth the bother trying to do it as a retail or even semi-pro day trader. Mind you, there are some fairly sophisticated people out there who still think it is doable, but at best, the odds are very long.

One interesting thing about the comparison of poker to trading. In poker, you can read a lot of books or read on-line forums that give sound and valuable advice. In trading, the strategy advice is worthless. If you are going to read about trading, read about the market mechanisms, how exchanges and markets function, how trading technology works, etc. Don't read about strategy.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:44 AM

Here's a lesson.

The trend is your friend until the MACD oscillator peaks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Now go get 'em tiger [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]