Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Default head\'s up draw

I think this is how I'm generally supposed to play head's up with a good draw. Am I doing anything wrong?

My opponent stats are 64/21/I don't know how to find the AF after 28 hands. He played pretty pasivly and called a big bet at the river earlier with a second best hand.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.58
UTG+1: $10.29
Hero: $7.15
Button: $4.16
SB: $5.30
BB: $0.89

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls $0.05 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.07)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.27)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.42, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.3</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.72)</font>.

I like to bet out at these flops if there are one or two people involved. Because of my positon is it better to check here? (in fear of check raise) MAybe this is a bad question because I don't think this guy knows what a check raise is.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.02, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.55</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.55 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1.57)</font>.

I pick up a few more outs. I don't know how to read people like this. I figured he had an ace, but I'm thinking. . . a rational person would have raised with an ace at some point. Take a free card or bet?

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.12, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $6.15</font>, UTG+1 calls $6.15 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $8.27)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $14.42

I almost find it hard to believe that someone would call an all in bet with this board. A lot of times this prevents me from making a huge bet with a huge hand at the river and I opt for a smaller value bet. I'm starting to think this is ussually incorrect at these levels. It might be better to go all in or at least overbet the pot because you're more likely to get called. IF i could get a better estimate of how oftren the all in bet is called i could calculate the EV, but I'm not sure yet. What do you guys think?