Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Default OOP and don\'t know what to do.

FTP 2/4. UTG is a fish and button is one of the better players in the game IMO.

Pre flop: UTG limps, 2 folds, button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], UTG and button call.

Flop(3 players 9sb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, UTG calls, button raises [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], I call and UTG calls. <font color="red">I was lost when button raised he caps an overpair better than mine pre flop with the fish overlay so I figure I am way ahead or crushed by an 8 here but with the fish in I didn't know what to do and he almost never folds if i 3-bet. </font>

Turn(3 players 7.5bb): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I was lost, What do you do?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: OOP and don\'t know what to do.

No clue whether he'd fastplay trips? Nobody used to, but with more people doing it lately it certainly makes for a tougher spot. The problem with c/c is if the fish calls with you it's tough for him to v-bet A5 on the river. I dunno I think I'd just 3bang the flop &amp; muck if I get popped on the turn.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 PM

I'd call down and hope he has 99 instead of A8 K8s 88 55. maybe he has 77 66 sometimes too

tempting to 3bet and force out the fish but I don't think that our hand is good enough here
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 PM

when I first saw this hand I thought '3bet flop gogogo' but when I put button on a range of hands we aren't doing too hot

if UTG is bad enough to have a 6 out hand like JK KQ AK AQ etc here he's probably bad enough that he doesn't fold those hands anyways (at least not all the time)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 AM

The pot is big enough that we want to 3-bet the flop to try and knock UTG out of the pot...
It makes for much easier turn/river decisions when A/K/Q rivers arrive.

If you get capped and he bet all the way down if fish is still in the hand you can fold river without a read if you think hes solid.

If you think theres 0% chance of the fish folding, then just call.

As played you have to just c/c turn because youve totally underrepped your hand... and a donk confirms weakness, and will induce bluff raises, as well as all the hands hes raising for value.

Once this action took place there is some merit to calling turn and betting a blank river and folding to a raise if fish calls and button raises.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM

Looks like the consensus is to 3-bet the flop. I may have screwed up evey post flop street. Anyway here is the rest of the hand.

Turn(3 players 7.5bb): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 checks, button bets, I check/raise(planning on folding to any further aggression from button especially if the fish is still hanging around), fish calls two, button folds.

River(2 players 12.5bb): K Not a club
I check and fish checks.

How bad are the turn and river? My thoughts on the river were I created this big pot another overcard fell I can't think of much I beat that calls a bet so just check/call show this down and hope for the best.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM

I would have rather just 3-bet the flop if you planned to raise because you had an opportunity to protect your hand there. There are a lot of scare cards to come on the turn as well so I want to get money in there. Value bet the river.