Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Default flop reraise gets reraised, what to do?

Villain is 21/11 over 65 hands.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $10.35
BB: $7.55
Hero (UTG): $10.35
MP: $7.70
CO: $4.60
BTN: $5.10

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($1.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.30</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.75</font>, Hero ??

I put his range now mostly on PP that hit a set. Maybe AQ/AK(think he would have reraised those. Clear fold here right?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: flop reraise gets reraised, what to do?

I fold for the reasons you stated.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM

You can not fold this. Villain does not seem good from his preflop stats. He is probably the type to flatcall hands like AQ, AJ and maybe AT preflop. Villains small flop donk is not typical for a set. There are far more combinations of TPGK than there are of sets. I'm going to the felt here.

Flat call this flop 3bet as so not to scare away weaker aces. Shove over any turn action from him. This will probably make him felt 100% of his range most of the time.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM

I think that villan has a wider range than just 88 or 22. YOu can't be folding AK every time you meet resistance. If you start folding in these situations I think you're going to miss out on value from people overplaying their worse hands.

f you are beat it is most likely by A8 or 88. Other than those two hands I think there is plenty of range that he is making this play with. If you had some stats on his total aggression factor it might help you with your decision. If he's super aggressive then you can take this to the felt. If he's a .05 AF then maybe his range is more towards 88.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YOu can't be folding AK every time you meet resistance. If you start folding in these situations

[/ QUOTE ]

1. do you play fit or fold poker?
2. do you think about ranges of your opponents while you play?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Villain in 65 hands has shown little agression. He has done such a few hands PT cant give an agression factor postflop.

Suddenly he shows alot of agression. I really can't see how im not beat here.

And flod AK everytime? Never said that but its just one pair and someone who coldcalls my raise and suddenlu start raisin to get me allin seems tricky.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can not fold this. Villain does not seem good from his preflop stats. He is probably the type to flatcall hands like AQ, AJ and maybe AT preflop. Villains small flop donk is not typical for a set. There are far more combinations of TPGK than there are of sets. I'm going to the felt here.

Flat call this flop 3bet as so not to scare away weaker aces. Shove over any turn action from him. This will probably make him felt 100% of his range most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is decent thinking for 10nl. I agree that a set here is not going to dont into a raiser most of the time. Sure, sometimes you get stacked with a set, but I think you stack AQ, AJ and A10 more aften than not. I would just push the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain in 65 hands has shown little agression. He has done such a few hands PT cant give an agression factor postflop.

And flod AK everytime? Never said that but its just one pair and someone who coldcalls my raise and suddenlu start raisin to get me allin seems tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 65 hands is WAY too few hands to start labling someones play. I am not saying to disregard the stats, but I wouldnt put as much merit in them as I think youa re doing.

If I were to give this guy a range, I would say: AK AQ AJ A10 A9 A8 A2 and MAYBE 22 or 88, but I just dont see a set donking like that much. I go to the felt here on the flop.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM

Running 22/11 is pretty tight for NL10. With his preflop call i'm putting Villain on KQs/AJ+ and any PP or suited ace espacially since the button called.

I really think your beat here, probably aces up or a set, maybe a split and little chance he has AQ.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is decent thinking for 10nl. I agree that a set here is not going to dont into a raiser most of the time. Sure, sometimes you get stacked with a set, but I think you stack AQ, AJ and A10 more aften than not. I would just push the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 65 hands is WAY too few hands to start labling someones play. I am not saying to disregard the stats, but I wouldnt put as much merit in them as I think youa re doing.

If I were to give this guy a range, I would say: AK AQ AJ A10 A9 A8 A2 and MAYBE 22 or 88, but I just dont see a set donking like that much. I go to the felt here on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

gentlemen, I think we have just solved this hand.

shoving the flop is also fine, doesn't matter so much really on this dry board.

good post sir. next hand.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 PM

Default NO WAY

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with any of this.

First of all, this players stats are TAG. The person is tight.

The person donkbet small, induced a raise and then 4 bet.

This is not how most TAGS are playing weak aces. AK is in his range but that's the weaker end of it. I think sets are the largest part of the range.

I mean.. its a completely dry board. There are NO draws. So he either (1) overvalues his hand (2) has a monster (3) is bluffing. (we don't have his aggression but he's VPIP and PFR are reasonable and cautious) So I'm inclined to weigh him heavily to monsters or a tie....

And regarding his donk bet, I do that against players I know are overly aggressive and easy to manipulate. Why checkraise when I can lead weak, have them raise why weak lead, and then raise it even more!

Getting it all in here with a naked pair, I strongly suspect, is going to be a loser more often then not.