Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 AM

Default NL2 - TT vs. aggro villain\'s flop all in raise

Villain is 50/26/2.8 and has called 4 of my raises and donk bet the flop each time (except for once when he check raised my c-bet). This session I was playing 14/12 over 130+ hands and just reloaded after taking a bad beat and only having $0.40 left in my stack. I wasn't tilting so I don't think my line was on the flop was based on tilt factor. My range crushes his, so I figured that I had him beat preflop since he only called my re-raise.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($2.31)
MP ($1.76)
Button ($1.55)
SB ($3.08)
Hero ($2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.04</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.13</font>, MP calls $0.09.

1. Is the minraise a monster, a suited connector or a small PP?
2. Should I have raised more, or is a 3-bet fine?

Flop: ($0.27) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.27</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP goes all-in for $1.63</font>, Hero calls.

At this point I figure my over pair to the board is better than his. I also thought he might be holding AK-AQ and be trying to buy the pot. I felt I had to make a stand.

Final Pot: $3.53

As always, I'm grateful for your comments/criticism.

AC
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: NL2 - TT vs. aggro villain\'s flop all in raise

Super standard.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 AM

I snap call here. His stats are ridiculous, I expect to see air much more often than a hand that's even remotely reasonable. If you're even considering a fold here against someone who's that aggressive (3 AF with 50 VPIP is completely ludicrous), you're playing too nitty.
As for your questions, a 50/26 minraises all sorts of garbage and you should basically treat it as a slightly better hand than he would limp in with bar some better read that he does this with premiums only (and you should definitely take note).
I think your 3-bet size is fine, but I kind of suck preflop and you might get a better answer from someone else.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 AM

Make a note on what villain min raises are..They will do it over and over agian and then you will be able to exploit it..

I like a larger 3 bet PF..I like a raise to about .18 we will be OOP and villain calling raise appears to be wide..Charge villain for the privledge to see a flop with you..Based on your read I do not mind getting it in on the flop..
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 AM

Three of his hands went to showdown...A8s, A3s, and 77. He minraised with A3s and 77. If I play against him again, I'll look to see what he does with his big PPs.

Thanks,

AC
Old 10-10-2007, 02:32 AM

I think you played this perfect.

Edti: although dont be lazy and bet pot, bet about $0.22c