Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM

Default As botched!?

Im readless on both villians

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: As botched!?

If you are goign to bet that river, I think B/F is best...

but why bet this river?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are goign to bet that river, I think B/F is best...

but why bet this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was bad, flop and turn action flustered me a bit, was there something i missed there?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 AM

3-bet the flop because of your position and the other player in the hand. That flop is scary because it hits a lot of pretty hands, but in this spot you really don't have a choice without reads on the other players. Against 0.5/1 unknowns you can then continue betting on the turn, even with that card, because there a lot of other hands besides an 8 that would peel the flop. I would have check called the river to induce bluffs. Queens and weaker pairs might bluff here, but if you bet most other hands are going to fold.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 AM

3 bet flop?

Don't understand the river donk at all.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 AM

don't 3-bet flop as someone suggested, your equity is not that good when you get raised, and why build a big pot in this situation?

Don't donk river, check and sees what happens. If it's a bet and fold before you you could consider a crying call, if it's a bet and raise you fold and if its a bet and a call you should probably also fold.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 AM

call flop raise safe turn.

Check river and hope they check it thorugh with better hands. This is prolly a check/fold regardless of the action
Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't 3-bet flop as someone suggested, your equity is not that good when you get raised, and why build a big pot in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an equity advantage against 2 for sure and the turn will get checked through a lot.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 AM

JT9 board kind of crushes your dreams. i doubt you have an equity edge here. waaaaaay too many combos of KQ Q8 87 JT J9 T9 and too many turn cards like K Q 8 7. i call and c/c down, folding if the other guy raises or if a bad card falls.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an equity advantage against 2 for sure and the turn will get checked through a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, you don't have equity to raise for value here. That board is ugly, stove it and find out for yourself.