Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Strange hands

Button is 50/25/1
Should I calldown this? Is betting out turn good?

Hero is UTG with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero raises, CO fold, BU 3bets, Blinds fold, Hero calls

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BU checks

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BU raises, Hero?

BB is 50/15/1.8
Easy calldown?

Hero is CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds, Hero Raises, BU folds, BB calls

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Strange hands

hand 2 im calling down, and making a note about villian
Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 AM

I would really worry about about villains flopcheck. If villain usually continuebets u should get really suspicious. I don't know the limit but on 2/4 or the like u should either get as cheap to showdown or fold after the flop depending on your read. b/f the turn is a reasonable line if u know why u do it.

Hand 2:
A checkraise on the turn often means u are beat here. But with no reads I would call down. 1) He may have a read on u that u bet when checked to and then trying to extract more value from u. 2) He may have caught two pair but then u have outs to call to make a better twopair(not all may be clean though) or trips.

On the river I would call anyhow(maybe a leak) because of the chance that villain is playing 1) the first statement.

But note the chances that villains is valuebetting a middlepair depends on your own play until now.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 PM

don't bet turn in hand one. No matter what he 3-bet with that is a flop he should c-bet. When he don't he's much more likely to have a monster and is trying to squeeze an BB from you on turn than anything else. As played you must fold.

Hand 2 you are tricked again and can probably fold, but if you have a read that villain is able to do crazy bluffs you can call down.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM

can't fold either of these.

Check the turn in hand 1 pretty much always for me. But if i do bet i'm calling down. Don't b/f that hand.

Hand 2 same business. A 1.8 AF is huge here and we just picked up TPTK and we don't have Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so plz to be calling down.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Hand one I think that line should make sense to you as most likely being trip queens that is afraid of getting no action on such a dry board. The expert play might be to check/fold (!) the turn, but check/calling down is much better than betting against most opponents.

Hand two, the line doesn't really make sense. Once you start facing nonsensical lines, you really have to just play the strength of your cards. Here you have a pretty strong hand, so call down and get to a showdown. Sucks if he has 22 or Q5, but lol if he has random air or Qd 8d.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:58 AM

In a first hand I thought he might have something like AK. I have seen bad players check here with ace high so I didnt want to give free cards to him so I bet out. If he raised me then it was clear he was slowplaying monster but still it was hard to fold that hand but I did it. Next time I probably going to c\c down

In a second hand this guy was quite aggressive and his play in this hand didnt make sense to me so I called him down and he showed me air.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 AM

hand 1 the turn is a c/c IMO, as played I'm folding to the turn raise. I find like 90% of the time that a pf 3-bettor gives up the initiative on this kind of a board they have a monster.

hand number 2 I call down from his turn c/r.