Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Default NL100 Live How to play TPGK OOP with many opponents

Effective stacks are $200. Loose live cash game with $2/3 blinds.
It seems whatever I do in these situations are borderline. I don't think it's a major leak to just fold in these spots but I feel there is a way to play it profitably. I'd like your thoughts on best line.

Preflop: 5 limpers, SB completes, I check in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Flop ($16 and 7-way): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero?

In this particular hand, this is how it played out...

checks around to CO who is last to act and unknown. He bets $10, SB calls, I raise to $35, folds to CO who pushes all-in, SB folds and I fold.

I felt he could be doing this with a flush draw, but he probably has at least 12 outs and I didn't feel comfortable gambling in this spot against an unknown.

What's the best line to take here?

In these loose games, I feel if I lead out with a small bet I'm likely to get a lot of callers (with 2nd and bottom pair and draws) and will build a big pot with a hand I'm not too comfortable with. If I bet big and I get a call, I feel uncomfortable firing two more rounds even if no obvious draws make it there. And again, I'm building a big pot with a not-so-great hand out of position.

I usually check in hopes of keeping pot small and firing out if a safe card turns. But if a LP bets, it could be a steal so I try to c/r to see where I'm at and get rid of draws. I will usually shutdown if called or raised as was the case here. If the board is not draw-heavy, I will usually just call the LP bet to make sure some other player behind isn't slow playing. If all folds and it's heads-up, I will usually fire out turn to fold LP's bluff.

I'd like to know what your favorite lines in these "TPGK OOP with many opponent" situations are.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: NL100 Live How to play TPGK OOP with many opponents

on that play, I would fold TPGK against an unknown and if he played the hand that way you can get the money later, any other play is read dependent (especially your table image). You are either really behind or ahead only to a strong drawing hand.

The other way to play this hand (if it was against a maniac) would be to call, and fire on the turn, if they shown the ability to fold a hand in the past. If you hit two pair, get your money in if he calls/raise, if not fold to a reraise.