Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $47.50
UTG: $67.15
Hero (MP): $85.30
CO: $17.40
BTN: $23.15
SB: $51.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: KK getting c/r

with 100 bb effective stacks i'm not folding - flop is fairly wet and this guy has tag stats. i'm not going to give him sets and 2pr only, because it think that combo draws make up a decent portion of his range (as well as air). 4betting to 30 sucks because it telegraphs your hand as JJ+ (or AJss, 77), and shipping sucks because you're not getting value out of any of those draws he could have (unless he likes gambool). for these reasons, i'm calling and probably shipping his turn lead/or betting out if checking to me, provided the turn card doesn't complete one of the draws he could have (like 8s for example).
Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with 100 bb effective stacks i'm not folding - flop is fairly wet and this guy has tag stats. i'm not going to give him sets and 2pr only, because it think that combo draws make up a decent portion of his range (as well as air). 4betting to 30 sucks because it telegraphs your hand as JJ+ (or AJss, 77), and shipping sucks because you're not getting value out of any of those draws he could have (unless he likes gambool). for these reasons, i'm calling and probably shipping his turn lead/or betting out if checking to me, provided the turn card doesn't complete one of the draws he could have (like 8s for example).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh i had same thought process [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $47.50
UTG: $67.15
Hero (MP): $85.30
CO: $17.40
BTN: $23.15
SB: $51.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($22.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12</font>, Hero ??? easy fold?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM

I don't mind 3betting the flop here as it means you're not left with a difficult decision on the turn. As you say it's a pretty wet board so I'm happy to get in with an overpair.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 AM

imo turn is now a fold, the only hand combos we're beating now are draws, and i think a lot of those draws are combo draws containing a J.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM

I would have played the same and EZ folded to turn bet.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM

I'd rather 3bet the flop in most situations, I mean there are a lot of turn cards that you can't stand any heat on.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. I think that player CR that flop with monsters. I agree that a combo draw is part of his range, but that's probably the best we're hoping for and, if that is the case, we're probably fairly even.

And I think after a CR, he's going to Fire out on the turn almost 100% of the time... There's a lot of scare cards out there. If you think Kings are best here, why not push the flop?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. I think that player CR that flop with monsters. I agree that a combo draw is part of his range, but that's probably the best we're hoping for and, if that is the case, we're probably fairly even.

And I think after a CR, he's going to Fire out on the turn almost 100% of the time... There's a lot of scare cards out there. If you think Kings are best here, why not push the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

my line is unorthodox and i understand that a majority of posters would say 'ldo 3 bet flop', but i appreciate that you gave some reasoning. however, i still support my line and here's why:

when 3b'ing i'd usually rather 3b shove due to the fact that he's only got 75 bbs behind him, and our pot is over 30bbs at this point (these are approximations, i'm typing this while my boss is walking by so i dont have much time to check). the problem with pushing that much into the pot is that it eliminates the equity we can grab from combo draws/air, and only gives us action from the part of his hand range that slays us. i wouldn't use a blanket statement like 'kings are best here', because its a sa/wb situation where the sa hands make up a decent amount of his potential holdings - which i think leads us to a situation where we have a slight edge over his range, and that we can gain more value from him leading out his draws/jacks/two pair on the turn rather than forcing him to fold all of these holdings.