Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM

Default INTERNATIONAL POKER OPEN. DEEP

These hands are from the international poker open in Ireland. 1073 players started the tournament making it the biggest live event in Europe.

3 hands for dissection.

Blinds are 5k 10k. This is the 2nd orbit of the day and villain is an unknown in the BB. I stole his BB the previous orbit.

I have 345k. Folded to me in LP and I make it 35k with AsKs

Villain thinks for ages and pushes for 100k. I??

Hand 2. About 45 remain. I have just been moved table and I think this is the 2nd hand I have played. 1st I raised with air and folded to an all in.

Blinds are still 5k 10k. I have 360k. Unknown raises to 30k from mp1. I reraise to 80k with AhKd from the co. Villain calls after almost mucking his hand. (175.)

Flop is Jh 7h 2d. Villain pushes for 97k. Am i priced into calling?? Also when he called I was sure he was going to push any flop.

Hand 3. 36 player remain from the 1073 that started. Blinds are 8k 15k. Villain is in the small blind. The previous hand I made a standard raise with 10 10 and took down the sb and villains BB. He remarked after that hand that I wouldn't ger away with doing that again. Villain is also a bit peed with me as he doubled me up earlier when I induced a bluff from him on the turn.

My stack is 390k. Villain covers. I raise to 48k in MP1 with AKo. Folded to villain who thinks for a while and says 150k. I??

Also bear in mind that I regard myself as one of the best players left and don't really want to get involved in coinflips.

Thoughts appreciated
Old 10-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: INTERNATIONAL POKER OPEN. DEEP

AK is a monster with more than enough equity to get the $ in in all 3. Especially hand 1 you should be beating him into the pot.