Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 PM

Default NL100 Overpair line

<font color="blue"> button is a loose passive player who dosn't like to fold. his stats were about 70/20/4. sb seems to be a straightforward tag, stats of 18/13/3 </font>

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($94.65)
CO ($98.50)
Button ($44.85)
SB ($201.50)
Hero ($191.35)
UTG ($131.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $6, Button calls $5.

<font color="blue"> I didn't want to 4 bet as i felt that if i did and got 5 bet i would hate life. also if i 4 bet i would narrow my range a lot and he could call with a wide range due to stack sizes to win a big pot or to bluff me of the hand if the board gets scary and i wouldt have much more information about what he was playing. i also didn't really want to play a 4 stack pot with qq and so was happy keeping the pot small here. with $100 stack i would prob 4bet and try to get it in pre 75% of the time and flat 25% of the time. Button wasn't the folding typ pre as well so i didnt think this was a light 3 bet from sb</font>

Flop: ($21) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $17</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $37</font>, Button folds, SB calls $20.

<font color="blue"> didn't really care about button here. i think sb range is pocket pairs 99+. i flet 77- he would flat with along with most suited C's preflop although i know that a small % of the time these will be in his range (he seemed to 3bet light occasionally). i put in a small raise to take the initiative and pot control the turn, to get value from smaller pairs that hes not up for folding, and if he 3 bets i think i would fold as i dont think he does this with jj- and draws arn't a big enough part of his range to take into account on this board.
</font>

Turn: ($95) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> not a great card but guess most arn't. i check for pot control and i dont think i get anymore value from worse hands although i do miss an opportunity to have a crack at folding AA/KK out. </font>

River: ($95) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> i think im good on the river but i cant see him callin gany bet appart from maybe a scared JJ or KK. if he has twigged the flop with overs, which i doubt, he just got ahead and will obv call. i dont know what range he has put me on (if he uses ranges in thinking through hands) and so dont know if he will cr bluff the river with something like 99 (vvvunlikely but u never know!)</font>
Final Pot: $95

anyone play any streets differently
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: NL100 Overpair line

4bet pre

/thread