Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 AM

Default 6 handed NL Holdem Home game

I tried posting this on the home game section, it seems it might not have been the best part

I want to add that I do have reads on the guy, but I want to first know what's the best you can do without any reads...

Blinds 8/4

Small blind T320
Relph (UTG) T340
Button T200

Relph QQ

Relph raises to T25
Button calls
Small Blind calls
Everyone else fold

Pot $83
Flop 666

Small Blind bets T20

Relph?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: 6 handed NL Holdem Home game

You should post stack sizes too, because they are a big factor in how you play any NL hand.

So SB bets 20 into an 83 pot? Raise that [censored] up. What hands can he be calling in the SB with that have you beat? I doubt he has 66 for quint 6s. He could have A6s or 76s or something, but that bet is so weak you need to raise it. It looks like he is just trying to steal. If he 3-bets you or leads or c/r turn, then you can start thinking he might have a 6, but you can't take the tiny donk bet seriously, and you want to raise so people can't get a cheap card to pair their A.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 AM

The only line here is push.

There is no way in hell he has the 6. If it turns out he has the 6, that's okay, because it's so improbable it's still profitable to push.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:48 AM

Straightforward raise.

Any pair is likely to call you here. Even overcards are possible.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM

*grunch*

Raise.

It's highly unlikely that he has a 6, and based on the pre-flop play it's unlikely that he has a bigger pocket pair than you for a better full house.

I make it 60 to go on the flop, and hope that he shoves so I can call his all-in.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Either raising or pushing is the right play here. The problem I see with raising is if you raise and he calls and an Ace or King comes on the turn and he fires again, you don't know where you are in the hand. I'd probably shove here.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should post stack sizes too, because they are a big factor in how you play any NL hand.

So SB bets 20 into an 83 pot? Raise that [censored] up. What hands can he be calling in the SB with that have you beat? I doubt he has 66 for quint 6s. He could have A6s or 76s or something, but that bet is so weak you need to raise it. It looks like he is just trying to steal. If he 3-bets you or leads or c/r turn, then you can start thinking he might have a 6, but you can't take the tiny donk bet seriously, and you want to raise so people can't get a cheap card to pair their A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 AM

Wouldn't the problem with pushing be that you won't get call must of the time, so you won't get the better EV? I know this is mostly read-dependent, but I guess you can at least have an idea for the general player