Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Default turn play?

Here a hand a played against a semi-LAG. He knows me a lot since it's been more than one hour that we play on 2 tables 5$-10$ 6 handed, one table is full but the other we were 4 most of the time and now only 3 handed.

My read is that he treats TPTK like the nut on the flop but not a total maniac when a lot of agression is shown to him after. He knows i'm very agressive and that i don't limp at all, its raise or fold preflop but he doesn't play back at me with garbage. He calls a lot but doesn't raise with draws and 2nd pair after the flop.

We are 3 handed here

button fold and i raise with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he insta-reraise and i call. (i put him on AA-77, AK-AT, KQ-KT and QJ)

flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raise and i 3bet and he cap. (my range = AA-JJ, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet out again and he raise me again. (range AA, KK, QQ)

do you 3 bet here?

Is waiting for a safe card on the river and check-raising a better play?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: turn play?

is AA KK QQ his range or yours? If its his then call and c/r a safe river and fold to 3 is optimal. Also, I think that c/r on the flop is superior to b3b.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
is AA KK QQ his range or yours? If its his then call and c/r a safe river and fold to 3 is optimal. Also, I think that c/r on the flop is superior to b3b.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA, KK, QQ is his range.

For the play on the flop, i like to play 50% c/r and 50% b3b. When playing very short handed like here, agression is higher so the b3b is more likely to work IMO so i do it a little bit more.