Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Anti-clarkmeister river - how to extract value best

This is an interesting hand from tonight. Villain is a 40/12/4 semi-thinking maniac (that is, he's not a total moron, but pays some attention to what's happening).
Hero is playing a hot 42/26/1.8 over 35 hands or so.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($49.35)
Button ($81.55)
SB ($29.75)
BB ($14.55)
UTG ($34.75)
fabadam ($50)

Preflop: fabadam is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">fabadam raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">fabadam bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($16.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
fabadam checks, Button checks.

River: ($16.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
fabadam ???

On the flop, I wanted to charge draws or see where I was with my middle set.
I puked/checked the turn, but the river arrives unaffected, and now we're beating all flushes except straight flushes, so I'm thinking I may actually win this hand.

How do we get the most value out of this?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Anti-clarkmeister river - how to extract value best

If he has a flush it's probably with the T or 9, and if he has a boat you're often in bad shape as it happens since he caught running K's. So a cr doesn't look hot. Bet something and hope he calls.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Anti-clarkmeister river - how to extract value best

I followed your advice, but still managed to miss the point: I pushed. I was thinking of the bit in NLHTAP which says you should push in such situations because they don't have to call often to make it the most +EV situation.

I was just so convinced he had called the flop with a flush draw, and was hoping he was donkish enough to read my push for a bluff. (I considered him somewhat of a donk at this point.)

Villain then took a large part of the time bank, and sais he had flopped the nut flush, typing "I play bad, LOL".
Then he folded.