Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 AM

Default 50NL QQ fundamentals check

Hi guys, this feels basic, but I want to make sure. Villain in CO is loose-passive. After the flop what's my plan for the hand?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $178.40
CO: $39.45
Button: $49.25
HERO: $58.50
BB: $82.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18.5, 2 players)

Hero?

note pot is $18.50 and CO has $31.50 left
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: 50NL QQ fundamentals check

How loose is villain?????? Depending on how loose villain is I am not to worried about the K...What hands does villain call a raise twice with that include a K...AK if he's weak but most 3 bet that..KQ unlikey to call the 3 bet and OP has 2 QQ..KJ and lower may not call the first raise much less the second...

OOP I raise slightly more then pot to say $10 or even 12 if villain has loose calling standards..

If villain is loose passive you can check and most likely call one street..A passive villian will give as more info away with what hands he bet vs what hands he calls with..For example a loose passive villain may call flop and turn with a hand like AT or TJ but that same villain will not bet the flop and turn and may not even bet the flop..A passive villain may not even bet a K because he know you have AA and are planning to C/R...