Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Flush vs. Flush

Was this bad play or just a cooler, opponent was super loose so i felt he could easily have just top pair and would go all the way with it.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $25.90
BTN: $9.40
SB: $24.55
BB: $28.85
Hero (UTG): $18.75
MP: $2.95

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.85, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($9.15) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($15.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $21.25</font>, Hero calls $11.40 and is All-In

Results: $38.45 Pot ($1.90 Rake)
BB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON $36.55 (+$17.80 NET)
Hero mucked 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Eight high) and LOST (-$18.75 NET)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Flush vs. Flush

He did have top pair, ldo.

Raise turn.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Flush vs. Flush

Grunch:

Preflop: Without a very specific read on the table (i.e., they are friggin' nitty as hell and cannot play for [censored] postflop) don't raise 87s UTG. Also, if you are going to raise, then make it 4-5BB.

Flop: The less than 1/2 pot bet screams "I have a flush draw or weaker pair" and is going to get raised by a King. Either make a standard cbet or check through. I think in this instance I make a pot size cbet to rep the K (but I cbet waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, so this could very well be a spew).

Turn: My first reaction is to raise here because we want to charge something like K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X or K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to draw. The only thing is that a raise could shove out a K and you can be ~2/3 pot on the river and get your stack in. The trick though is that villain then has not chance to improve and may not call you with KX. I probably raise here to like $10. This let's him call $7 to win $22 if he hits and then doesn't give him odds if he does river his flush and you call.