Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 02:17 PM

Default just tilted

I used to be a ridiculous tilter. I went all of 2006 so far without tilting. And just did. I transferred my bankroll to one of my friends to save me from myself. Wow. I thought I was done tilting. It had gotten to the point in February where I didnt even want to move up for a limit i had 50 buy ins for, because I was comfortable where I was. What's the longest youve ever gone between tilts? BTW...I think this is right forum, if not, mods, just switch it please. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: just tilted

Yeesh, last time I tilted I lost 70% of my bankroll. I never tilted like that before in my life, probably never will again because it took me 2 weeks to make it back.

That was 3-4 months ago.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Maybe like 2 months. I've never gone on crazy tilt where I'll chew out my BR for serious, and I doubt I ever will. When I feel it coming, I'll break. If I don't feel a resurgence in my confidence at that point, I'll leave the game and go back when I feel better.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:39 PM

REcently lol. But it gave me expirience, everytime im about to tilt i think about that one humongous tilt and i become cool and objective again. i think u need to expirience tilt to know its adverse effects of grinding back for 1 month at lower limits.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:49 PM

Location: Irvine, CA (originally from Taipei, Taiwan! ROC represnt)

i don't tilt much at poker tables, instead i stupidly tilt at party bj. i've seriously lost over 5k on that shiet, even though my limit is 2-4 and my bankroll is usually around 2k. i've blew 100% of my bankroll at party bj like 2 times and have just recently sworn to everyone i'll quit bj for good. cuz i'm a winning player at poker and dumping at bj is just the stupidest [censored] ever. don't go on tilt, especially not at online bj sites. think bout the chances of u losing more, not winning ur losses back, that helped me
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Lately I've had a few bad days where the cards just didn't seem to want to give me justice, so being a micro player already, I just headed down to the good old nickel-and-dime limit games, open up 4 tables, and win a nice chunk of my money back. You probably can't do the latter on your limits, but there's nothing to reinforce your confidence like seeing how sound fundamentals can rape a loose fishy table. Even if you catch a few bad beats, you don't lose anything significant.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:10 PM

I just tilted like an idiot..... never really had a BR I would just buy in for like 2-400 bucks, play at the 2-4nl tables and when I would start to slide I would cash it all out. I bought in for 150 2 days ago, built it up to 2500 at the 2-4nl table in 24 hours (of straight playing) went back the next day and just did stupid crap that seemed out of my control, but wasnt. Ended up blowing like 1500 in about 4 hours. I just cased out the rest cause I know i wont be in the right state of mind for about 3 or 4 days
Old 03-04-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't tilt much at poker tables, instead i stupidly tilt at party bj. i've seriously lost over 5k on that shiet, even though my limit is 2-4 and my bankroll is usually around 2k. i've blew 100% of my bankroll at party bj like 2 times and have just recently sworn to everyone i'll quit bj for good. cuz i'm a winning player at poker and dumping at bj is just the stupidest [censored] ever. don't go on tilt, especially not at online bj sites. think bout the chances of u losing more, not winning ur losses back, that helped me

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same !?!?! But now I've blocked party BJ so everytime I try to go tilt on that shittt, I realize that I blocked it and the reasons why. Then, I cool down and restart playing, without tilting because it made me realize that tilt was going to make me lose precious $$$$.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:56 PM

why don't u all crazy people be like jennicide and start shopping when you're tilting. If you gonna throw money away, might as well have something in the end.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:33 AM

Just got off of a session that i was tilting. I had a 6 buy in downswing, and honestly, i think that 3 of them were tilt related. the rest was just sick. Nothing would hit, then when they did, id be against a bigger hand(set over set twice). The whole loss wasnt bad because im so overbankrolled for my limit, but i NEED to learn to control my emotions at the table.

The tilt i had today was probly one of the hardest ive ever faced. luckily i quit now. It started off by losing a few sick hands. That led to me misplaying alot of hands that i know i could have played better if i was in a positive state of mind. Thats really where i get my tilt.Outdraws dont cause the major tilt any more. i tilt from knowing i could have done better, but not doing it. I had QQ on a JJx flop, and a lag c/min riased me, and i just pushed. he called w/ JT. Regardless of what he had there, i just think i overplayed the hand, and thats what led to the tilt. After that, jeez i pushed AI with AT against a LRR and ran into AQ.

When i get off of a tilted session, i read that gigabet article, and just sit around and think for a day or 2. I might come back tomorrow, i might not. I really have gotten better at controling my emotions, but one guy today just made me blow up. Theres always tomorrow.