Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Default 96s on button flops bottom two in three bet pot three handed, action

I stopped doing anything like this over the last couple of weeks as I find limping works a little better. Do I fold to the tiny three bet any different on the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($47.50)
BB ($41.85)
UTG ($73.65)
MP ($25.60)
CO ($249.05)
Hero ($69.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, CO calls $3.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($12.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $25.85</font>, CO calls $35.85, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65.75</font>, CO calls $27.90.

Final Pot: $169.60

Mack
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: 96s on button flops bottom two in three bet pot three handed, acti

This is how I look at it:
CO bets like an idiot, so he must be an idiot. He's trying to get a cheap turncard with his 2 spades.
BB check/raises after beeing the preflop 3better, he's an idiot aswell who gots lucky there's alot of action. He's holding a red ten and a black ten fo sure!
CO calls this raise and reraise thing because he was the idiot who was drawing and he is feeling lucky so he just comes along.

That how I would read a situation like this so I'd let it go after BB's reraise.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: 96s on button flops bottom two in three bet pot three handed, action

I think that this is OK vs BB because he often has JJ+ here (assuming average to bad player) but I think CO has you beat... tiny bet on the flop followed by flat call = set and so I can see a fold on the flop to the BB 4-bet, but only because CO calls.

I am not 100% sure of the above so would like to hear other views - just my 2c
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 AM

Yea it might be the other way around aswell:
BB holding AsKs and feeling frisky, he's like: ooooh well, lets get it in
CO (the bad player) might be playing his set horrible.

It's a set and a flushdraw with overs 98.45% of the time
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: 96s on button flops bottom two in three bet pot three handed, action

@Nogatsira - CO call/calls PF - I think that a PPs are much more in his range here than spades... hero holding a 6 and 9 makes a set a bit more unlikely - but I still smell set here.... the $2 on the flop looks like he is seaking for action - not a cheap card?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's a set and a flushdraw with overs 98.46% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea it might be the other way around aswell:
BB holding AsKs and feeling frisky, he's like: ooooh well, lets get it in
CO (the bad player) might be playing his set horrible.

It's a set and a flushdraw with overs 98.45% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

If I thought there was even a remote chance he had TT I would have folded the flop.

Forgot to say CO is 46/7 with postflop of 1.3, BB is 29/7 with postflop 0.6 I didn't think he would 3 bet TT or less.

Mack
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@Nogatsira - CO call/calls PF - I think that a PPs are much more in his range here than spades... hero holding a 6 and 9 makes a set a bit more unlikely - but I still smell set here.... the $2 on the flop looks like he is seaking for action - not a cheap card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villain. Some idiots minbet into a huge pot and hope for a cheap draw, some are sitting on the edge of their chair, finger ready to press the raisebutton the milisecond your bet comes out so they can minraise you and feel all mighty and smart.

Anyhow it's hard to tell in this spot, let them battle it out, check their hands and note note note
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow it's hard to tell in this spot, let them battle it out, check their hands and note note note

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - A good read here would go a long way.

Given we now know that he is 46/7 - I think spades are more in his range now...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villain. Some idiots minbet into a huge pot and hope for a cheap draw, some are sitting on the edge of their chair, finger ready to press the raisebutton the milisecond your bet comes out so they can minraise you and feel all mighty and smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much used my time on this hand and came to a few conclusions which might have been founded on slightly shaky ground, first was regarding BB, he had to have QQ+ in my opinion and the smaller raise size made me think KK+ is more likely still, I was happy that I would be right there 90%+ of the time and that he would put his money in with it if I was right, from the CO I was worried about T9s and 87s and 66 because I believed he would raise preflop with 99 and TT, rightly or wrongly and he limped preflop, the rest of his range is spades in my opinion with maybe J8s and JQs in there too.

Mack