Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $442.90
Hero: $154.60

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10.5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($21, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $49</font>, SB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($119, 2 players)
Hero is [censored]

villain is decent, aggressive, and somewhat frustrated that i've hit some cards in the match. my 3-bet frequency hasn't been that high, but he's called every time i've 3-bet.

i don't want to lead this flop, because i won't want to fold if i get raised. i don't want to c/c the whole way, but i'm not sure i have a good reason for that. it just feels station-ish. i don't want to c/c flop and c/f turn, because he'll double barrel a ton of hands i beat. and check/folding has to be way too weak, right?

he's folded to a big turn bet in at least one similar spot previously. he's not bad. if i push the turn and he calls, i'm going to be in bad shape. but i have to have some fold equity. he'll fold basically anything but 2 pair or a straight. i'm ruling out sets here...even if he didn't 4bet or push preflop, he would have on this flop. and for basically the same reason i think AK,KQ are highly unlikely.

but if i check here on the turn, i believe he'll make a big bet close to 100% of the time, regardless of what he's holding.

i c/r'd the flop because it felt like the "strong" play. but it seems like i've just created a spot where i hate all my options, to the point that i think i might dislike this line even more than i would hate just check/calling 3 streets. help?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Hero is [censored] NLCASH .5/.1

lol, that turn raise is really really bad unless you plan on shoving any turn because you don't even have a PSB left.

it works a lot better if you raise to 36.00, then shove for a little over the pot.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 PM

If he calls your flop 3 bets with many hands , then there is a great chance you're still in the lead . Unless he's extremely aggressive , you should probably lead out on the turn for about $80 or so .
Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Leading the flop is a much better line here than the check raise IMO. By check raising you are pretty much turning your hand into a bluff.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM

yeah c/r flop was pretty much your worst option. I don't know why you'd want to turn your hand into a bluff. I'd either b/f or c/c. As played I'd probably just c/f - villain has a king and isn't folding it.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leading the flop is a much better line here than the check raise IMO. By check raising you are pretty much turning your hand into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leading arguably turns your hand into a bluff, and costs you a cbet that your opponent would have made. b/f and b/c both seem bad here.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Leading arguably turns your hand into a bluff, and costs you a cbet that your opponent would have made. b/f and b/c both seem bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my thinking. but against this type of opponent, i just don't know how to proceed after c/c this flop (since everyone seems to agree c/r is bad). this is not the type of guy i want to fold this hand to if he bets the turn. and if i call the turn, the decision on the river is going to be retarded.

maybe c/c flop, b/f turn? ugh, i just hate all options here.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hero's got initiative, so any bet by villain after hero checks would not be a c-bet...

check/call if you want to snap him off.