Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM

Default 25 NL Top 2, bet river for value?

Villain is 60/11/1.7 after 45 hands. How do you guys play this river? Value bet, check/call, check/raise? Comments on all streets appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($41.50)
UTG ($28.45)
MP ($28.50)
CO ($25.95)
Button ($9.90)
Hero ($26)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50, MP calls $1.50, Button folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($7.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $5.

River: ($17.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???
Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: 25 NL Top 2, bet river for value?

His pre-flop range is so huge that it's hard to put him on anything.

What his post flop calling range- what is he showing down? He's not being aggressive here so tough to put him on anything when he's calling and calling.

Given that you haven't pushed him off his hand, I would probably go into check/call mode (unless you've seen him overpay to draw flushes)
Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM

This is a bet for me. He's calling you down with a ten most of the time in this spot. The next most likely hand that he will show up with is a missed flush draw, in which there would be no value in your bet. But I would only go for a check to induce a bluff from him if you've seen him bluff missed draws on the river in the past. So bet around half the pot.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM

I'd never lead the flop here. There's too many players and too many draws and we've got the worst position. A lot of times I'd just c/f here.

On the river I don't see MP having better than two pair here. I doubt he calls the flop with a gutshot maybe 76 but that missed. T9 is a possibility, 89, TJ-TA. He's pretty passive so I think a value bet of ~$8 seems ok?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd never lead here. There's too many players and too many draws and we've got the worst position. A lot of times I'd just c/f here.

On the river I don't see MP having better than two pair here. I doubt he calls the flop with a gutshot maybe 76 but that missed. T9 is a possibility, 89, TJ-TA. He's pretty passive so I think a value bet of ~$8 seems ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I missed that b/c I was only looking at the river action. Unless the converter messed up somewhere b/c the OP says in the title he has top 2, but according to the hand posted he does not. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]