Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Raise or push?

Hello,

I've read through the anthology and several books, but I'm still a bit lost on the following: say you have 2k chips (10 x BB), blinds 100/200.

CO you get 66: do you push or raise? What if you have 2400? 2600? Push or raise?

Same hand, you are in the hijack. Push or raise? What about with 2200, 2400, 2600?

What about CO-2. Hand again 66. 10 x BB stack. Push or raise? 12BB? 14BB?

What about something like KQs and the same scenarios? And what is the definition of being pot-committed? What if you have 2000, you raise 600, BB calls. Pot is 1300, you have 1400 left. Are you pot-committed here?

I think I sometimes misplay there situations, so...any good guidelines out there from our MTT pros?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Raise or push?

Welcome to the forum.

I can only advice you to post specific hands and ask a question about them. Don't forget add the reads you had on your opponents, what kind of tourney (buy in, number of participants...).

The questions you ask here can't be answered in genarally - or at least you won't get good answers, cause there are no gerneral guidelines to play poker (or any donk could do it and nobody would win).
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Raise or push?

Ok sorry, let's say this is 10k G tourney, 10 rebuy, right after the first hour, opponents are TAGs. This isn't case specific, but hopefully it helps.

Uh I don\t think it helps much, I was just looking for any kind of guiding principles on when to revert to pushing AI instead of raising.