Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 AM

Default is it well within my rights to commit acts of jihad here?

probably the newest BTYS disputed fairy tale, but even so, i'll tell it...

dear garden city,

[censored] you

i knew my day was too uneventful, but jesus christ this is ridiculous.

play 5/200 spread limit

early on i bet into a shortstack who re-raises all in for $5 more. i have flush draw with overs. as the turn and river are dealt a new player sits in. i whiff, shortstack shows his hand, i muck mine, and before new players chips are completely on the table, he tells the dealer "i wanna see his cards." dealer reveals my busted flush draw.

it's bad form to ask to see mucked cards

it's worse form to ask to see mucked cards when you're not in the pot

if you haven't even been dealt cards and are JUST now sitting at the table and you pull this [censored], i should be able to drag your ass out to an alley and beat you unconscious with a tire iron.

i bring the floor over here because it's insane that this could be allowed. floor confirms it's ok. new player gives me a lecture about how on "the internets" (one of you 2+2 [censored] plays there and knows what i look like, i just know it) you can see mucked cards just by looking at a hand history, why couldn't he see my hand there?

moving along...

douchebag gets a stack of about 900 and chance, i have 748, and raise JTh from EP to 18. douchebag calls from the CO, shortstack sb calls, bb calls.

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

shortstack bets 55, i raise to 140, douchebag calls, shortstack raises all in to 210, i can just call, douchebag calls

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

yahtzee. i shove, figuring there's no way he can fold at thsi point. he calls.

don't pair the board, don't pair the board, i can live with not hitting the flush, but just don't pair the board

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[censored] me to tears. i show my hand and i look the douchebag dead in the eyes and tell him "you rivered me, didn't you?"

"no, no, i didn't river you" he's flicking his cards and about to muck.

shortstack shows 88 to take down the main pot.

after about a minute, douchebag shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and starts applauding himself.

the two [censored] play grabass and high five each other over winning my money, laughing. i sit there, drink what's left of my corona thinking painfully violent thoughts, eventually leave.

poker is fun. fun for everyone.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: is it well within my rights to commit acts of jihad here?

[ QUOTE ]
probably the newest BTYS disputed fairy tale, but even so, i'll tell it...

dear garden city,

[censored] you

i knew my day was too uneventful, but jesus christ this is ridiculous.

play 5/200 spread limit

early on i bet into a shortstack who re-raises all in for $5 more. i have flush draw with overs. as the turn and river are dealt a new player sits in. i whiff, shortstack shows his hand, i muck mine, and before new players chips are completely on the table, he tells the dealer "i wanna see his cards." dealer reveals my busted flush draw.

it's bad form to ask to see mucked cards

it's worse form to ask to see mucked cards when you're not in the pot

if you haven't even been dealt cards and are JUST now sitting at the table and you pull this [censored], i should be able to drag your ass out to an alley and beat you unconscious with a tire iron.

i bring the floor over here because it's insane that this could be allowed. floor confirms it's ok. new player gives me a lecture about how on "the internets" (one of you 2+2 [censored] plays there and knows what i look like, i just know it) you can see mucked cards just by looking at a hand history, why couldn't he see my hand there?

moving along...

douchebag gets a stack of about 900 and chance, i have 748, and raise JTh from EP to 18. douchebag calls from the CO, shortstack sb calls, bb calls.

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

shortstack bets 55, i raise to 140, douchebag calls, shortstack raises all in to 210, i can just call, douchebag calls

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

yahtzee. i shove, figuring there's no way he can fold at thsi point. he calls.

don't pair the board, don't pair the board, i can live with not hitting the flush, but just don't pair the board

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[censored] me to tears. i show my hand and i look the douchebag dead in the eyes and tell him "you rivered me, didn't you?"

"no, no, i didn't river you" he's flicking his cards and about to muck.

shortstack shows 88 to take down the main pot.

after about a minute, douchebag shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and starts applauding himself.

the two [censored] play grabass and high five each other over winning my money, laughing. i sit there, drink what's left of my corona thinking painfully violent thoughts, eventually leave.

poker is fun. fun for everyone except for their opponents .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM

You should have practiced avoidance
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[x] beat: corona
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 AM

If things like this are made up it's just awesome metagame.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] beat: corona

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you, sir
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 AM

Well to be honest, I could never expect a BTYS poker story with a happy ending. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 AM

that was too long and not entertaining enough. who are you and what have you donw ith the real BTYS?