Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Gutshot against tough, multi-tabling TAG.

Guy to my right is an idiot fish, which is why I'm still in this game. PF raiser is a tough TAG. C/R on this flop good? Follow it up with a turn bet when the board pairs, or just give up?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB
Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Gutshot against tough, multi-tabling TAG.

I would fire the 3rd barrel if I decided to play it like this.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 AM

unless he's weak-tight (which he isn't), i don't see a benefit of the flop c/r. you have a weak draw that can't afford to just barrell away on a drawy board where you are likely to be called down light.

you have the idiot end of a gutshot on a two-spade board with you having no spades. even if you get there, villain will often have redraws. you are getting 5:1 on a flop call which is too little for me in this spot, so i'd c/f.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 AM

i'd bet. the K could easily improve your KT/QT. he can easily have T8, Ax/Qx/Tx spades, or convince himself to fold his 88 now. 1 in 7 good pri
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 AM

I think your equity on the flop is to small for this move to be worth it.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 AM

nothing wrong with this, it happends
Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Flop c/r is fine. His range is huge and there is plenty of better hands like K high and Q high that folds the turn. In addition there is some weaker hands that you will give up to if you c/c c/f.

Another thing is metagame. This play need not be +EV in a vacuum to be +EV overall. C/r'ing a bunch of flops is extremely frustrating for the player OTB who will often raise close to 100% of his hands 3-handed.

I agree with Miles and Sharpie. If I am villain I am mucking Ax or bottom pair if you c-bet that river. Fire 1 more IMO
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop c/r is fine. His range is huge and there is plenty of better hands like K high and Q high that folds the turn. In addition there is some weaker hands that you will give up to if you c/c c/f.

Another thing is metagame. This play need not be +EV in a vacuum to be +EV overall. C/r'ing a bunch of flops is extremely frustrating for the player OTB who will often raise close to 100% of his hands 3-handed.

I agree with Miles and Sharpie. If I am villain I am mucking Ax or bottom pair if you c-bet that river. Fire 1 more IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I think you all were right on with the 3-barreling - villian probably would have folded his AQo.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am villain I am mucking Ax or bottom pair if you c-bet that river. Fire 1 more IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

oink,
i don't get it. i have a low wtsd but i wouldn't muck this river with a decent A high against a good tag. your wtsd is like 38 or something yet you'd muck a pair. the reason i wouldn't muck is the flop is very drawy but only one draw got there. plus the board is paired making a pair far less likely than normal. if my river call with A high is so wrong, there must be something very wrong with my game overall. thoughts?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 AM

QT and KT got there. Thats quite a few hands if I have Ax.